• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i need a BT stereo/mic headset that WILL WORK with the Droid

I've got the Moto ROKR S9-HD headset and I have to admit I am very underwhelmed by their performance.

First the actual blue tooth connection is dodgy at best. If I pause a song for more than a few seconds or take a phone call when I resume my music it starts skipping immediately and the only way to fix it is to pause the music and power cycle the head set. This is even more annoying because the power switch requires you to hold it down for like 3 seconds and is in an awkward place on the back of the unit.

Second the sound quality is subpar at best. I'm no audiophile but these ear buds flatten out everything that passes through them. I've managed to get used to that though.

Finally I have read that they are very suceptible to moisture damage. This hasn't been an issue with me because I've been very paranoid about wearing these things out in the rain but keep it in mind if your looking at buying these for working out.

Upvote 0
my droid is terrible w/ the motorola s305. keeps restarting, etc.

Does it restart while you are actually using it? Or just when you first turn it on?

I have the s305 too and my main problem with it is when I turn it on, probably 75% of the time my phone reboots. I hear the sound for that it turned on, then the sound when the phone and headset connect and then bam the phone reboots.

Occasionally, when the phone actually doesn't reboot, I find myself in a situation where I have turned on the headset and I hear the chime for power, the chime that phone audio is connected, but no chime for media audio. When I turn music on, of course it plays through the phone speaker. I have to toggle bluetooth off and back on and then both the phone and media audio both connect and all is fine.

I guess this is something with this headset. I thought it was flaky bluetooth.

Upvote 0
Does it restart while you are actually using it? Or just when you first turn it on?

I have the s305 too and my main problem with it is when I turn it on, probably 75% of the time my phone reboots. I hear the sound for that it turned on, then the sound when the phone and headset connect and then bam the phone reboots.

Occasionally, when the phone actually doesn't reboot, I find myself in a situation where I have turned on the headset and I hear the chime for power, the chime that phone audio is connected, but no chime for media audio. When I turn music on, of course it plays through the phone speaker. I have to toggle bluetooth off and back on and then both the phone and media audio both connect and all is fine.

I guess this is something with this headset. I thought it was flaky bluetooth.

those are the exact problems i'm having and it is not with the headset. its with our piece of crap droids. the same headphones i've used flawlessly w/ an ipod touch and computer. never any problems.

Upvote 0
the Moto s9 uses earbuds & the Jabra Halo are ovet the ear. Both have full BT functionality for music & phone.

I use the Jabra Halo and have found that it works exceptionally well with the Droid. I actually use it at work where I can connect it to both my work computer and Droid at the same time. That way if I am listening to music or editing audio on my computer, it will actually pause the music if there is a call on my Droid. I have a co-worker the the same setup as me except has the MOTOROKR S9-HD and can not connect to her computer and Droid at the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones