• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need a clean slate and a little advice

j_ryan

Jun 10, 2010
East Tennessee
I'm having a few issues with my X that are really starting to get under my skin, and I want to start from a new beginning. Currently, I'm running the first 2.2 leak and I'm rooted. Ideally, I'd like to get the OTA 2.2 and root it, but from what I understand I'll need to SBF back to 2.1, root, then update OTA?

Or if the OTA doesn't greatly differ from my leak, I'd like to just factory reset. Is that possible or will I lose root? I depend heavily on wireless tether, which requires root (can't get any other internet service at my house).

Guys this is the Forums for the Samsung Captivate.

But while this thread is here....I've heard people who flashed the leaked version of Froyo are stuck there. They can't flash the latest release as an update.....courtesy of Motorola being upset over the leak.

I have the Droid.....which I still adore to this day, but I can't say I'd buy a newer Motorola. They've put a bad taste in my mouth with limiting their phones. HTC and Samsung still support open source.....they won't give you no crap.

That being said.... that's just what I heard over at droid-life.com, which is a reliable source for info. You may be stuck my friend.....sorry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones