I need a couple of apps.

Last Updated:

1. BLUFALCON78

BLUFALCON78 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for two good apps, preferably free.

The first I am looking for is an RSS reader. I have FeedR but I want to be able to delete the RSS's that I have already read and not have them redownload after deletion. I used to use Viigo for the Blackberry and loved how it worked.

The second is a good Podcast downloader/player. On my Blackberry I used PodTrapper. I currently use PodWeasel which works ok but once I pause a podcast and exit, and then go back into that podcast, I have to start over from the beginning. It doesn't mark my spot to continue where I left off.

If anyone has some good ones, please point me in their direction. THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. mrkniceguy

mrkniceguy Well-Known Member

I personally prefer Google reader from the browser for reading RSS feeds. I can star, share and mark as read just as easily as some of the apps I tried.

I've grown to really like Listen for podcasts. It's fairly simple but works well for my needs.

I'm sure there are other options out there but those are what I'm using now!

3. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

BeyondPod and Doggcatcher are the two best in my opinion. I use BeyondPod.

4. nonie3234

nonie3234 Well-Known Member

For the RSS Reader, I LOVE NewsRob. It syncs beautifully with Google Reader.

5. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

BeyondPod will do both! I use it just for podcasts and I highly recommend.

6. eddieroger

eddieroger Member

+1 for DoggCatcher. It's takes some configuration to get it working (at least the way I wanted it to), but now it's my "it just works" app. Since I try to pad my morning commute with podcasts, having it just work is key. It also handles RSS subscriptions, but I don't use it for that so I couldn't comment on how well it does it. I've never been a big RSS fan anyway. Worth the money (not a free app).

7. flexte

flexte Well-Known Member

newsrob and acast for me

8. Mauddib

Mauddib Well-Known Member

BeyoundPod has been great. I don't buy many Apps but this one is worth it. Plus you can try it free for a week to see what you think. It does both RSS feeds and Podcasts very well.

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Doggcatcher for podcasts, NEWSROOM for rss, you will not believe how FANTASTIC it is until you try it