I need a EVO BATTERY!!! Help?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I looked around few threads and i seen soooo many opinions with the brand name and the ebay kinds. I'm looking for a 3500 not a number lower right so I found this

SPRINT HTC EVO 4G 3500mAH EXTENDED BATTERY US SELLER - eBay (item 280595849063 end time Dec-04-10 17:56:30 PST)

tell me what you think is 99 cents and $4 shipping LOL my phone only last 20 minutes i really need updated opinions. I dont really care about the size or anything i just want my phone to last forever... Do you think it can contain the 3500mAh?

Advertisement
  2. massiveian

massiveian Well-Known Member

usually those batteries dont hold the correct power. Even the brand name Seidio 3500mAH battery has been tested to only around 2900mAH. So depending on the battery I would expect to see probably a little less then 2900mAH. I personally got the Sprint 2600mAH battery for free. I just chatted with a sprint rep and told them im paying 10 dollars a month to use premium services and I cant use them because of the battery, so they credited me the amount of the battery

Edit: but then again for 5 dollars your not losing much if it sucks right???

3. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

FWIW, it's an auction, the current bid is 99

4. Evo 5oh

So i call them and tell them my battery life sucks and i get a new one. I mean i really cant do anything on it all i do it dies fast

5. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'd recommend the Seidio 3500 from Amazon. It's more than 16.95 but I love it and it lasts days without charging.

6. whoodiestyle

whoodiestyle Member

I'm loving my Chinese 3500 battery worth the $10 and last me a lot longer than the pos stock one

7. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Well-Known Member

8. superflex

superflex Member

Have any of you seen a lithium ion battery explode? I have, and it's not pretty. Highly exothermic reaction with toxic gas emitted.
    I've been using Li-ion batteries in flashlights for years and there are plenty of instances of non-protected cells going kaboom.
    Now I know the OEM batteries have protection (charging and discharging) built into them.
    Overcharge a Li-Ion and Kaboom. Over-discharge one and you might as well throw it away. It's toast.
    I'm sure some name brand aftermarket batteries have protection, but some of the ebay ones are sketchy.
    Is it worth burning down your house or car for the $10 saved?
    Same holds true for chargers. If they dont provide the right voltage at the right time during the charge process, you can easiliy explode your non-protected battery.
    Quality is your best value.

flailer likes this.
  9. Evo 5oh

I cant find a 3500 mAh OEM battery

10. Wendi10

Wendi10 New Member

So...probably a stupid question....but....can you still use a protective case that you have with the old battery with the new battery? I definitely need a sturdy case, but desparately want a new battery too!

Thanks!