i need a little help from here...

Last Updated:

1. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i just put sprecovery onto my droid. however the instructions i was going by was for rooting to 2.1 which i already had stock. could somebody help me root to 2.2 from here?:confused:

thanks dig

Advertisement
  2. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

from what I have read(havnt done it yet) is that once you get it rooted you just place a 2.2 rom on droid

digdug1 likes this.
  3. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

yup...go download a Bugless Beast ROM (try it out, it's a GREAT ROM!). Basically download the file and rename it to Update.zip and then load up SPRecovery and "apply update.zip" (I think that's what it is, I use CW and it's tons easier lol...been awhile since I used SPR)

digdug1 likes this.
  4. Pfilly

Pfilly Well-Known Member

Wasted but ill try...download rom manager and flash clockworkmod recovery...you van then install any rom you download asvlong as you can find it. Or buy premium rom manager. Damn good night!

digdug1 likes this.
  5. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

yeah, Clockworkmod works great...I highly suggest that you get the premium version...def worth the money! everything is so much easier!

digdug1 likes this.
  6. Diver88

Diver88 Active Member

i use sprecovery. i like it and its fairly simple and straight forward. i dont flash new roms constantly, i founf a rom and theme i love so i dont plan on changing soon. but if you like to flash constantly then rom manager is easier.

digdug1 likes this.
  7. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i took the plunge and finally did it... it was pretty straight forward. i used sprecovery. and am running bb vo.4. wow... i do love this phone and this forum!

just one thing though, has anyone figured out how to get flash yet?

8. DaretoDroid2

DaretoDroid2 Active Member

Check out The Unlockr.com, they have a section about how to put 2.2 on your phone and in that section they have a link to download flash, download, copy to SD card then use a program like Astro file manager to install. You will then have the latest flash beta

digdug1 likes this.