• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need a movie player for I-phone movies for this Coby

Biglenr

Lurker
May 10, 2012
We had a Coby Kyros 1125 (android 2.3) that we cracked the screen on (our fault). We contacted Coby, and sent it out to get repaired. Instead of repairing it they sent us back a refurbished 9742-8 (android 4.0).

Unfortunately, all of our apps are gone... We thought we'd get the same tablet back and don't know how to back up apps anyway. Yes, we are android stooges.

We had the google marketplace on the 1125, and we had a movie player called RockPlayer Lite which could be used to play .MOV and other files by using software decoding. Google Play will not work on this device without rooting it (as an aside... Can someone explain why? I don't understand this)

We have no intention of rooting this device.

We have the Getjar and Amazon marketplace. But those are the only 2 places we have found to get apps. And neither has much in the way of movie players, certainly nothing we can use for this.

Can anyone direct us to a marketplace accessible to this Coby and which has RockPlayer or a similar program for playing movies on it? Or provide a link to the rockplayer lite APK? (it was a free program on google marketplace).

Thank you for your help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones