I need a screen lock app- Please help!

Last Updated: 2012-02-07 02:46:37
  1. Warped8890

Warped8890 New Member

Hi Crew,

I've had my android phone (HTC incredible S) about a year ago, and I love it. The only app I need that I cannot find is a screen lock app. I have tried several and cannot find one with the features I need. Here's what I want.

1) When Im home alone, I hate unlocking my phone every time I want to send a text. I like my phone unlocked. Unlocking every couple hours is ok.

2) However, I want to be able to quickly lock my phone with a touch of a button if needed. For example: Leaving my phone on my dresser when I have a girl over and Im going to the bathroom.

Basically I want the best of both worlds, not being hassled when im alone texting, which is most of the time, but I need the option to quickly secure my phone.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any aps that fix this would be AWSOME!

-edit-

I did try searching the form and didnt find anything

Advertisement
  2. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

You can try AutomateIt to achieve what you want. You can setup a rule so that your screen stays on.

Lock Screen and Lock Screen Widget can lock your screen quickly. But you should research them yourself as I can't tell you much about them other than what I read on the Market.
  3. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

You sound like you just need to set up the security on your phone to do what you ask. You should be able to set up a password word pin when you want the phone to lock and the screen to time out at different times. An app lock is more for when you are allowing someone else to use your phone, they can't go snooping around.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

No Lock. Tap the widget, then the phone wont lock. Tap the widget again, and it will go back to normal locking behavior.