• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Need a Screen Protector-- I feel ripped off

I got a $5 protector from the Metro store & put it on myself. I dropped needle noise pliers, point first, on the screen from 2 feet up. It cut the screen protector, but the screen's fine underneath. I dunno how much is 'cuz of the screen protector, & how much is the gorilla glass. Still looks pretty (minus the cut on the protector).

Upvote 0
I was wondering if Gorilla Glass is effective or just a sales gimmick but your statement causes me to reconsider the need for a protector.. Do other LG Connect 4G users agree ?

I have dropped my phone with gorilla glass like 17 times and the glass is intact. But it all depends on how exactly it falls on the ground. I will tell you what though, the glass is much stronger than the one the iPod uses. I had an iPod touch for one week and scratched the screen a couple of times. I felt very disappointed.

Upvote 0
I got the privacy screen protector when I first got my phone. A few weeks ago I ordered three more from Amazon for $5 along with a stylus. The picture clearly showed the cutout for the front camera & yet when I got my order the protectors covered the entire phone & instead of sending me 2 stylist they sent me 2 usb cables that don't even fit my phone. The company that sent these is Bargains Depot. I have never had a problem with Amazon before.

Anna

Reactions: Tokenpoke
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones