i need alittle help

Last Updated:

1. DroidFun09

DroidFun09 Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since verizon updated me to 2.2 i can't turn on my wifi. it wont let me add a network its dark... won't let me click it. Anybody know if its the update or if i did something stupid? Please and thank you

Advertisement
  2. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

When you say you can't turn it on, is it not giving you the option under settings? Or is it not showing any wireless networks? A little more details would be appreciated.

3. DroidFun09

I mean under the setting when i click wifi it turns automaticly off. and in setting under wireless and network, under Wi-Fi settings where it says add network it won't let me add one like i use to have one for my house. Hopefully that was a better details if not i can try to elaborate a little more.

4. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

in the rooting world we must wipe data and cache when we go from 2.1 to 2.2 or we have all kinds of little problems .... So, my suggestion is to do a factory reset. You may want to back up your stuff first tho.
    I can't believe VZW and Moto are so clueless about this. They should have advised people to back up data and had the update wipe your device.

the way they went about this update makes no sense to me at all ... and this is why I don't let them put any software on my phone ever !!! and have not since 2.0.1
    (sorry for the rant) :eek:

DroidFun09 likes this.
  5. DroidFun09

Thank you it helped a lot i appreciate it. and your rant was a true statement lol :D