• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need an app that on/off my internet with time provided by me

I'd look into the app "Tasker".
I've never tried to get my head around it as it has a steep learning curve but you'll get some help in the Tasker sub-forum here unless someone who sees this can help you out with it.
It's a very powerful Android automation app :thumbsupdroid:

Or maybe someone can recommend a dedicated app?

Upvote 0
This is a Tasker profile with an entry task and an exit task.
The profile will specify a time range to be off.
The entry task will turn wifi off.
The exit tsk ill turn wifi on.

I use a little more complicated set of profilesukes ... when away from my office routers it turns wifi off the there when I am near my office routers turns wifi on.

See the Taker sub-forum of this forum.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Tasker has more functionality, but I'd guess that Llama's functionality meets the needs of 99% of people. And achieving the additional functionality of Tasker is probably beyond the skill level of most people and would likely require rooting. (Llama also gains some additional functionality if you're rooted.) I've never tried Tasker-- but that's mostly because I'm cheap and because I'm not sure what I'd want Tasker to do that Llama can't do.

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0
I have never tried Llama so just to be different ... I won't give you my opinion of its capabilities.

I have worked heavily with Tasker. I am not root-ed. There is only one capability I have encountered so far that I would like to have and can't because I am not root-ed.

The layout of Tasker actions is not intuitively obvious and is probably the most cumbersome thing about its design. Remembering which action is in which action category so you can select it for your task is cumbersome.

If you are bothered by "technical stuff" then Tasker is not for you.

Being able to create an app (.apk) using Tasker is pretty incredible.

... Thom

Last edited:
Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0
good inputs. There are no wrong opinions.

My opinion on tasker - when you talk about difficulty of tasker it is just a factor when you start out. When you get used to it, it becomes intuitive imo. You don't have to memorize what action fits in what category...just type first few letters of the action on the"filter" box.

I haven't tried llama but I'm sure it's better for people who want to change one or two things quickly. Tasker maybe better to change a lot of things and perhaps more for people who enjoy tinkering. But not the bad kind of tinkering where where you get frustrated finding the app to do what you want or fussing with app settings that don't seem to work the way they're supposed to. ...the good kind of tinkering where you can "easily" (somewhat l easily) fix/change a lot of things about your phone that you don't like in order to make your phone much more useable/useful

Last edited:
Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones