• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i need an app to record biking and running times

Aaron Kester

Apr 10, 2010
I need an app to record times and distances for biking and running. I don't need it to calculate anything for me I just need it to save data from my workouts that I will collect from other devices. I just want to be able to view how my times and etc are progressing from workout to workout. Anyone know anything?

Sorry but nothing anyone has recommended is really what I'm looking for, the closest thing is one person just said use notepad. I just want something to write down my times in an organized manner

Do not be offended, but to me it looks like you are trying to do something in a way much more complicated and time-consuming than it can actually be done.

I do not know what 'other devices' you want to gather data from, but those devices are not necessary if you use Sporty Pal or some other app.

No one will help you, because you do not want to use apps that would actually work for you. You just want to measure time?
Use a stop watch!

Upvote 0
No sorry ur not getting what I'm saying. I don't need any of the apps u guys are talking about cause I have stuff to record it already. Ie, I run on a treadmill which record my times and stuff for me and I also have a odometer and spedometer already on my bike, I'm not asking four an app to measure anything, I have that taken care of, whau I want is a placed to collectivly write down the times that I have already gathered from said equipment. And then I can monitor how well I am doing. No app anyone has said will do that, they all give me something that wants to do more than I need it to.

Upvote 0
No sorry ur not getting what I'm saying. I don't need any of the apps u guys are talking about cause I have stuff to record it already. Ie, I run on a treadmill which record my times and stuff for me and I also have a odometer and spedometer already on my bike, I'm not asking four an app to measure anything, I have that taken care of, whau I want is a placed to collectivly write down the times that I have already gathered from said equipment. And then I can monitor how well I am doing. No app anyone has said will do that, they all give me something that wants to do more than I need it to.

You should have said about the speedometer and odometer at the very beginning, would have made it much easier.

You just need a spreadsheet with a simple formula, nothing else.

Upvote 0
Sorry I thought saying that I had other devices to record the data would be suffice. But there's really no app that's a little more official than a spreadsheet?

I have not come across one like that. You can keep looking or simply contact a developer to have one created. It should not be too difficult to create one, but you need someone who will do that for you.

Upvote 0
I feel your pain :). I know exactly what he's after, and I haven't found it either. ALL the cycling aps for android are GPS dependent. Don't get me wrong...most are really cool. In my case I have an archos 70...an ok size for taking on a bike tour, but too big to carry all the time on rides. Also, no GPS in the archos, although I can pair it with my bluetooth keychain GPS. Honestly, while I track rides and heartrate info when I have a hr monitor that works, I have no interest in messing with a gps tracking program when I ride, not to mention that on long rides battery life becomes an issue. the closest thing I can find to a cycling/running logging program is Cardio Trainer (you can manually enter rides under "history"). It only has entries for time and distance, though you can enter anything else you want under "notes". Also check out Quick Logger. It will at keep a running total of miles ridden as well as store ride info (time, distance, HR). Currently I'm using both and hoping one of them will add more manual functionality...or the perfect ap will come by. Unfortunately, I can't write the program myself or know anyone who does. There are so many great droid aps out there so I'm sure it's only a matter of time for the "perfect" one to come out. Bike Logit (a windows ap) is great for this, but I've moved away from windows for just about everything, and it's sister program Pocolog (for palm) was pretty good.

Note: I just noticed the date (last year April) so sorry for dredging this up, but it still applies...any more relevant info on bike logging aps that anyone knows about??

Upvote 0
And I'm still looking, too. I used an app on my Treo called "Runner's Log" -- you record the distance you ran, time it took, temperature, location, and shoes.

Then it would generate a screen that says what your per-mile average time was, and would keep a running total of miles run this month, miles run this year, total miles, and miles run on which shoes, along with the average time per mile.

I've had my Droid for 1.5 years and still use Runner's Log on my Treo -- I keep it charged up for that one simple app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones