I need battery help.

Last Updated:

1. JohnnyBlace

JohnnyBlace Well-Known Member

I'm only getting about 5 hours out of my battery.
    SkyRaider 3 Vanilla
    King BFS kernel #2

I bump charge, I reset batt stats. What else can I do? Any other kernels to try to improve on it? I've tried pretty much all I can think of, suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Sounds like something constantly running. Have you been monitoring apps close
    Code (Text):
    ly to see what's using up all the juice? If there's nothing glaring, I'd try another kernel. Was that with heavy use? Overclock?
  3. JohnnyBlace

Not heavy use at all. Earlier today I was down to 42% in 2 hours. I can literally just watch it drain.

I logged out certain things like Facebook and Latitude which I didnt know was running. This antivirus is always running, is that needed?

What's better to check; Applications --> running services or Manage Applications --> Running?

Not overclocked, SetCPU @998MHz conservative with a Screen Off profile down to 422MHz.
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

AntiVirus isn't needed. Monitor usage with something like System Panel, Spare Parts, etc and try to find a drain culprit. I question slightly the kernel with your setup even tho I'm using that same kernel myself (diff Rom tho). That's over the top heavy drain and for whatever reason this kernel seems to be all or nothing for people.
  5. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

get spare parts or system panel to monitor:
    Spare parts tells partial wake usage, and system panel shows CPU clock speed, kinda like a task manager in windows
  6. JohnnyBlace

I have Spare Parts but will check out System Panel. Just got rid of antivirus. I could try BFS #1 to see if that does anything

EDIT: Could Astro being causing it? That looks to have the most usage time. Maybe I'll try a CFS kernel

Also, is it preferred to charge fully then install new kernel or install before fresh charge.

I'm going to be on a boat for RED BULL FLUGTAG tomorrow and I can't have this dying on me in a half hour.
  7. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Bring an extra battery and swap it out. They are small and fit anywhere.