• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need boot animation help please

ned4spd8874

Android Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2010
Chicago Area
aftercredits.com
I'm trying to create a custom boot animation for my rooted Inc and can't seem to get it to work. I'm not sure what I am missing. The phone just boots with the black screen. Are there certain resolutions I'm supposed to use? Maybe a certain dpi? Any guidance would be appreciated.

I can't seem to attach it, so I've uploaded to my site. I promise it's not a virus or anything like that.

Here's the link to the animation. Yes, it's terribly simple and not that exciting. But, hey, I like it.

http://whatsafterthecredits.com/Shared/Android/BootAnimation/bootanimation.zip

What rom are you using? Also when you created the zip file, under compression did you choose "Store"? That's what I forgot to do.

Heres mine if any1 is interested

boot.gif

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    508.7 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
Try changing the framerate. The third number in the desc file is the framerate. Mess around with it until you get it right.

Okay, I will try that some more. I changed it from 20 to 15 to 25, but they were all choppy. Maybe I'll go to extremes later and try 5 and then 40 or something just to see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones