I need gmail help.....please.Support

Last Updated:

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, when i open my gmail acct. today it says..... no connection. When i try to refresh nothing happens. I can access my gmail from my computer and my son can get his from his Hero. What should i check....

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

1. Make sure your connected to a data network. You'll see either a 3g icon next to the clock, or (if you're wifi, a radio looking icon).
    2. If you see neither of these (only bars) go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Netorks.
    2a. If you want WIFI, checkmark the "Wi-Fi" option then setup Wi-Fi under "Wi-Fi Settings".
    2b. If you want 3g, checkmark "Mobile network"​

One of those two should do it for you. Unless you want 4g. That's in the same place, just scroll.

3. excav8ter

Thanks, i checked all of those things and still nothing. I am completely confused. I have been on 3g all day, now i am at home on wifi. Any other thoughts.

4. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

When you go to the Internet on your phone, are you able to pull up any websites?

5. excav8ter

Yup, internet works as normal, texting is ok too.... everything seems normal except the gmail. I keep trying the refresh it and it says " no connection" and gives me the option to "retry" . I am at a loss as to what to do.

6. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

excav8ter likes this.
  7. excav8ter

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Have you tried turning the phone off and back on?

9. excav8ter

Yeah...:confused:

10. excav8ter

My problem started when i tried to send 14 pictures that i took with my camera this past weekend. Could that be freezing up my gmail? I have sent as many as 34 pics at a time on my Hero, and it worked fine.

11. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Go to settings>Manage Apps>Gmail

Manage your space and make sure everything looks ok. Then try clearing your cache and seeing if it works after that.

You can always force stop it too and see if it works when you go back into it.

12. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

I think in those instructions it said to do all the steps then power off the phone and power it back on.. Did you do that after the steps?

13. excav8ter

Could it be that i am trying to send too many pictures at one time? It seems to work if i send only 2 pictures. Why is that happening? Am i "overloading" the EVO?

14. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

What probably happened is you had a network hiccup while trying to send the photos and it corrupted your gmail account data on the phone. I think if you've tried all of the steps, the only option left is a hard reset (unfortunately).

How to hard reset the HTC EVO 4G - Know Your Cell

15. excav8ter

My gmail has been working fine all night now, I received several notifications. I even sent 3 pictures out using my gmail acct. I will see how things go today and let you know. If I do have to do a "hard reset", what do I lose on my phone?
    Thank you so much for all the help and replies too, it is really appreciated.

16. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

You *won't* lose any data saved on your SDCard. You *will* lose any apps you installed. But as for contacts, email, etc. that's all backed up in the cloud. After a hard reset, enter your gmail credentials and it's all back on your phone.

For your apps, you could download a program called appbrain from the market, set up an account and sync your apps...

excav8ter likes this.
  17. excav8ter

What about my music from music junk that i have, is that on the SD card too?

The gmail is working fine today, i sent some pics this morning.... 3 at a time too.

Thanks for your help Dr.Evo!