I need help customizing my Esteem, please help!General

Last Updated:

1. Mrkline006

Mrkline006 Member

Alright, I just got a Esteem, this is my new phone just replaced a CRAPPY metro pcs smart phone that I had for 2 years so im REALLY excited about this.

I'm trying to customize the Chat (got a few apps, but my normal text messaging would still come through, SO i would have 2 notifications)

Also, is there a way to change the phone home screen? in which it takes that long rectangular box on the bottom with the -Phone_Contacts-Messaging_applications icons on it? like remove them, or help customize it more? im really bad doing this kinda stuff so any help, or 1 on 1 help would be AMAZING!!

2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Go into your stock messaging app settings and turn off auto retrieve notifications. The stock app settings will over turn the third party settings, some of them at least. If you want to keep your messages make sure you turn off the delete function too in the stock sms settings. I recommend GoSMS if your not using it already. Great app with a TON of themes to change the style around.

The home screen is called a launcher. You can get Go launcher, ADW launcher, Holo Launcher which is strictly ICS/JB based. Then you can get themes for the launcher and customize it to how you want it. You have a long day of looking through the play store. lol.

Get you a launcher first. I use Holo for my nexus only because I want stock JB. I would suggest ADW because its far more customizable. Once you have that installed, find you a theme. Then after you DL it you can go into the launcher settings and install it. ADW is a great launcher and you can change just about anything you want.

Take some time playing with it so be patient. That's part of the fun. If you have any more questions feel free to ask away. Once you see how everything works on the phone you will understand what is what.
  3. Mrkline006

Mrkline006 Member

If anyone could help walkme through how to change the theme, icons and all that please msg me
  4. GTurn

GTurn Well-Known Member

Which launcher do you have?