I need help droid x help unroot, i need to send phone back to get a replacement

Last Updated:

1. Odogxb

Odogxb Member This Topic's Starter

I have been searching forms for 2 days and cant find anything in my relations except people having the same issue as i am having.
    I have Rooted my phone using Super one click on Windows Vista and everything has been great with my phone as of 2 days ago I experienced a difficulty,
    I was making a phone call and the caller on the other end could not hear me unless I used the speaker phone.
    My Droid X is officially with the 2.2 update no custom roms just Root. I am looking to send my phone back since I read on forms this is a technical issue and i will need a replacement. I have only had my Droid X for 4 weeks now and never had a problem until 2 days ago.

Is there a one click unroot I don't understand the abd or how to use the manual unroot, I have done research on rooting and understand everything. I never changed any files that were needed for my phone to work except those preinstalled pain in the A$$ apps which I only change to bak so they will not show up on my phone I never deleted them.

I just need to find a one click unroot and I will reinstall those preinstalled apps back to apk from bak before doing so i understand that.

Thanks for any help

As for the problem for the other person not hearing me with out speaker being on I tried everything from battery pull, to reprogramming with #228 and still no luck

Advertisement
  2. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

If you used the newest version of OneClick yes there is an Unroot. Have you tried all various fixes though, battery pull, FR, etc.?

3. Odogxb

Yes i have tried to do all fixes for my main problem. Were can i find the newest version of One Click with the unroot ?

Thanks for responding

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Why don't you just sbf with the 2.2 and rsdlite. It's pretty easy and would return everything back to when you got it.

5. Odogxb

What is sbf with the 2.2 and what is rsdlite sorry never came across those technical words before.

6. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

SBF is the system files that are loaded on your phone from the factory. RSD lite is the program you use to push the SBF to your phone. Check out HERE for more info and instructions on how to use it. You can essentially restore your phone to bone stock and not have to worry about unrooting or anything like that.

Odogxb likes this.
  7. Odogxb

So if i do this instead of unrooting do i need to go back and change those preloaded app files from bak back to apk or will this do it for me
    Thanks in advance

8. Flying_Hellfish

Nope. You don't have to do anything. It is like formatting a computer and reloading the OS, any changes you made are no longer there.

9. Odogxb

10. Odogxb

thanks from what I was reading I would have to go back and changed those bak back to apk before unroot I am going to give it a try.

Now one question before I do this Will I lose anything ? and will superuser be removed ? I am guessing i should uninstall any Root Explore etc... Right , Ok more then one question but i just want to understand if i have to do anything after doing the SBF

What do i need to do should i back everything up before doing this with backup assistant and back up my apps using Astro ?????

11. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Since you are sending it back I don't think you really no to do anything other than flash the sbf. Your gmail account should show all your downloaded paid apps when you get your new phone. You could b/u using Titanium Backup or AppBrain if you really wanted to. I am not an expert on this as I have never restored anything via these apps.

12. Odogxb

I am doing the sbf now will give update in a few

13. Odogxb

ok i just did the spf everything seems to be good to go, I dont see superuser anymore and all those preloaded apps I changed are back. So i guess i am unrooted then. Is there a way to check ?

My main problem was not fix and i understood this would not fix it because it is a technical issue with the phone it self not the software or something I installed. Thanks again to u all for your help. Now off to the verizon store........

14. Flying_Hellfish

I guarantee if you ran the SBF you are not rooted. Glad it went well.

15. cbanning

cbanning Well-Known Member

I'm still a little confused. What file did you get - the gift2 thingy or other one?