• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need help getting my htc amaze 4g for T-Mobile back to stock

djhixson88

Sep 10, 2012
Just gonna be straight forward. I wanna go back to stock. I've done weeks of research, tried everything I can think of, nothing is working. Right now I have a ROM called Energy Rom. It's not bad but, the battery is terrible, wifi calling doesn't work, and it constantly restarts no matter what I'm doing, even in phone calls. Just want to go back to stock so I won't have to worry about all the bs. Plus I believe the Amaze is getting Jellybean update, possibly. I just want instructions on how to get COMPLETELY back to stock. Even though I'm giving up the beats audio from the Rom, too many problems with it. Thanks for looking and sorry for the lengthy post!

Just gonna be straight forward. I wanna go back to stock. I've done weeks of research, tried everything I can think of, nothing is working. Right now I have a ROM called Energy Rom. It's not bad but, the battery is terrible, wifi calling doesn't work, and it constantly restarts no matter what I'm doing, even in phone calls. Just want to go back to stock so I won't have to worry about all the bs. Plus I believe the Amaze is getting Jellybean update, possibly. I just want instructions on how to get COMPLETELY back to stock. Even though I'm giving up the beats audio from the Rom, too many problems with it. Thanks for looking and sorry for the lengthy post!

What?!?!?!?
I love energy rom. Its the most stable, my battery life is usually like 14 hours until it dies. Wifi calling works for me. And mine doesnt constantly restart lol.
Probably just a bad flash or bad download. Have you tried the newest build of it August 6?
But if you dont want to you can just flash the latest tmobile RUU.
Dev-Host - RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3_R2_Radio_1.14.550L.17DC_30.78.550L.15_release_262141_signed.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service <<<Latest Orginal T-Mobile Firmware.
**Dont use that if you do not have T-Mobile. PM and ill lead you to the right RUU.

Do not flash this like a ROM.
To use this you have to....
1. Download it.
2. Rename it PH85IMG
3. Put it on your ext-sdcard
4. Reboot to your bootloader
5. Your phone will apply the RUU.
and youll be back to factory stock settings.

Upvote 0
I put the .zip on root of the SD card and let the bootloader flash the stock ROM it said "No image or wrong image." Any suggestions.

My bootloader says
***RELOCKED***
RUBY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.93.0002
eMMC-boot

My phone does not have a working ROM and im trying to get it back to stock so i can put it in S-OFF to flash a new ROM.

Upvote 0
I put the .zip on root of the SD card and let the bootloader flash the stock ROM it said "No image or wrong image." Any suggestions.

My bootloader says
***RELOCKED***
RUBY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.93.0002
eMMC-boot

My phone does not have a working ROM and im trying to get it back to stock so i can put it in S-OFF to flash a new ROM.

likely you have an incorrect sd card format,and/or you have an improperly named file,or you are using an RUU that is too old.

-you should be using RUU for 2.14.531.3
-sd MUST be FAT32
-phone MUST see "PH58IMG.zip". due to the way windows adds,and hides filenames,it is usually correct to just name the file "PH58IMG" using windows. manually adding the ext results in the file being named "PH98IMG.zip.zip" :eek:

you can also put your ph09img file into your adb/fastboot directory( android if you followed htcdev directions)

you can flash the file from hboot by:
-power onto hboot
-select fastboot
-plug in
-open cmd window
-change to adb/fastboot directory
cd c:\directoryname (example: cd c:\android)
-flash the file:

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip filename.zip (example: fastboot flash zip PH98IMG.zip

*if it fails with a "pre-update,flush again imediately!" then just run that last command again. this time it will finish

-when its finished:
fastboot reboot

make sure your phone is charged up before trying either method,and then place the phone carefully somewhere it can update in peace,and not fall and spit out the battery or disconnect the usb cable. either of those things could be disaterous.

hope that helps :)

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

My bootloader says
***RELOCKED***
RUBY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.93.0002
eMMC-boot

Make sure its on your ext-sd card and that its the latest RUU.
Plus make sure its named "PH85IMG" and not "PH85IMG.zip"
then boot into bootloader and it should load it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones