I need help like ASAP!!!!! As in NOW!

Last Updated:

1. ErisEscalavee

ErisEscalavee Active Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my friend's captivate and flashed the Vanilla captivate ROM. I installed clockwork recovery and ROM manager, but the 3G isn't working AT ALL, so I can't re download a file manager to get ROM manager or find in the backups with a file manager.

I just need to get this ROM off of her phone, and when I go into stock recovery my only options are reboot, flash packages, wipe data and wipe cache.

I have the ROM manager app on my computer, but I can't put it on her phone without a file manager.

Someone please tell me how I can get to the clockwork recovery screen with no 3G or internet, or even how to wipe the current rom!

Advertisement
  2. ErisEscalavee

ErisEscalavee Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nevermind, I figured it out.

These buggers are much different from the Eris!!!

3. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

What ended up being the issue? Def let us know so people that might experience this problem later on know how to fix it... THANKS

4. galekim

galekim New Member

ErisEscavalee,

I seemed to have done something similarly and lost my 3G. Thing is, I didn't flash anything. All I've done to my phone is root it and lagfix, then a few days ago my 3G stopped working (despite reinstalling sim card, reinstall update.zip package).

Ended up uninstalling lagfix and tried to unroot. Unroot failed, and now I'm just stuck with no 3G. I'm a new member so I'm going to dig around the forums for a fix, but if you are knowledgeable about this please give me a hand? Thanks Android community!

5. cell-geek

cell-geek New Member

Galekim -

Two things to check - first go into settings/wireless & network/mobilenetworks

Make sure you have data roaming checked (helps if you flash a non-AT&T ROM)
    and check Access Point Names. You should have ATT WAP defined (as wap.cingular)

If NOT then you need to define the APN.

Values are:
    NAME = ATT WAP
    APN = wap.cingular
    Proxy = wireless.cingulat.com
    PORT = 80
    Username = Not set
    Password = Not set
    Server = Not Set
    MMSC = http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy = wireless cingular.com
    MMS port = 80
    MMC = 310
    MNC = 410
    Authentication type = none
    APN Type = internet + mms

One more comment - as with any type of computer, sometimes the file system can become corrupt. LagFix will "sometimes" become corrupt if you turn the phone on and off too many time quickly or pull the battery while turning on the phone, happened to me yesterday. My personal choice of LagFix is ext4 - which is fine since the Captivate internal SD card has wear leveling built in; so you don't have to worry about wearing out your SD card with the EXT4 Journaling. FoYo will be out soon (hopefully) which should solve most of our current problems with the Captivate.

Hope this helps.

6. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

I believe the problem is Euging the developer wasn't able to complete the Vanilla ROM, read it XDA, he wasn't able to get all of the fixes on it.

Flash with Odin one click back to stock. Did you run a Nandroid backup before flashing with Vanilla ROM?