I NEED HELP!!!! my screen went black!!Support

1. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

OK, i will start off by telling you about my phone.
    • Huawei Ascend nd its android 2.1 for Cricket
    • its rooted
    • the screen is black but the backlight comes on but no type of screen images come up.
    • i can still recieve phone calls and text messages and i also can hear different sounds as my phone recieves stuff.
    • ive tried restarting my phone, removing battery, etc...
    • i dont have any solution and i really need help. My Life is in my phone.!!!
    PLEASE HELP ME :((((((((

Advertisement
    :
  2. foltz61

foltz61 Well-Known Member

Do you see the Huawei screen when you first turn the phone on?
  3. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

Nope, nothing comes up when i turn the phone on nd off...all i see is the backilight brighten up the black screen on the phone.
  4. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like the LCD has failed. No solution for that other than replacement. That being the case, you probably won't have to worry at all about unrooting or otherwise reverting anything.

Hopefully you've synced your contacts with your Gmail account, which means you won't have to figure out how to save them from the phone. Also, if your PC has no trouble recognizing the phone and browsing the SD card, you should be able to backup anything you may have placed there.
  5. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

Thanks for the info. and no my pc is not recognizing my phone. but i have a warranty on my phone, so will i be charged for a replacement?
  6. foltz61

The manufacturer warranty will cover it as long as there is no physical or water damage
  7. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

ok thanks alot for the help...
  8. foltz61

9. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

one more question, since my phone is rooted should i say my phone was lost instead of returning it?
  10. BlastGT1

Since the phone won't display anything, there's no way for them to check. I would say just take it in. Loss isn't covered under warranty, and if you have the insurance, you still have to pay a deductible.
  11. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

yea, i jus called a store and its an extra 65 dollars for lost phones while insured. im just afraid if i take my phone in they'll say its rooted and they cant do anything about it. But its no way for them to check because my screen isnt showing.
  12. BlastGT1

Exactly. They can't prove anything, therefore they can't accuse you of anything. The only thing they can prove is that the screen won't display, so the only answer is warranty replacement. Make sure they don't try to skive off by giving you a refurb either, insist on a brand new phone.
  13. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

ok thanks. and if they try to give me a refurbished phone, can i request to recieve a new phone instead? will the new phone request any extra charges other than the $20 deductable?
  14. BlastGT1

I wouldn't think there should be a difference in charges. How long have you had your phone? I was assuming not very long, which is why I suggested making them give you a brand new one, as I've heard of stores giving refurbs for replacements, and "refurb" might mean a phone that was returned and has not actually been refurbished by the manufacturer, in which case I'd demand a brand new phone. I don't want someone else's potential problems, I want a clean slate if I'm getting a replacement.
  15. bossmanrob

bossmanrob Member

yeah ypur right. nd ive had my phone since december 27th or 28th.
    KOLIO likes this.
  16. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

By chance you should elect to accept a 'Refurbished' phone,1st check for an actual refurbish by going to Settings>About Phone>Device Info. That SHOULD tell how many times the phone has actually been refurbished.
  17. BlastGT1

Any idea where exactly this would be, or what it would say? I looked at mine but have no idea what it is I'm supposed to see.
  18. KOLIO

After selecting device info, scroll down to the bottom of the page.It should say 'Refurbish Info',press & it says "Refurbish Counter".Mine says '0'.,thankfully.BTW,I'm with Cricket,if that makes any difference.
  19. BlastGT1

That might explain it. I don't have that option on my Metro phone. The last thing in that list is Warranty Date Code.
  20. KOLIO

Well,that explains a lot then.CRICKET gets METRO's broken phones,&re-packages them w/a refurbish counter installed,starting @ZERO,since it is 'NEW' to the lucky purchaser w/CRICKET service.*

*FOR HUMOR & ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY, NOT A TRUE STATEMENT.;):)
  21. jinksb86

jinksb86 Member

My ascend is doing something similar. Except it turns its self off, and then I can't power it back on. The screen just goes black. I have to take my battery out and leave it out anywhere from a few minuets, to a few hours. And I can't figure out why it's doing it... and my provider isn't talking...
  22. BlastGT1

That would be a different issue if it won't power on, but still a warranty issue.
  23. belder

belder New Member

My phone did the exact same thing today.. My screen went black for about 15 minutes before coming back on again.. and then when I would try to turn it on the screen wouldn't come up.. But my keyboard also stopped working.. Cricket said they couldn't help me even though I had insurance, Wtf! Anyways, I just did the factory reset on my phone & its working fine now.. So advice, Next time just do the factory reset and it should fix the problem. :eek:
  24. angel2344

angel2344 New Member

my phone has the same problem but the difference is that the huawei screen turns on but not all the time ??
  25. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member