• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need help with Kies set up

Hey, I just downloaded Kies to connect my S4 to my laptop. I tried the original Kies version as the website says S4 isn't supported by Kies 3. However when I downloaded it, it said that S4 isn't supported by Kies and that I need Kies 3. It took me to Kies 3 so I downloaded it. However, when I went on to 3, it says my phone isn't supported.
Basically I'm being thrown between both versions and both say my S4 isn't supported and to use the other. I'm stuck. Help please? My phone is currently on version 4.2.2 if that helps.
:thinking: :thinking:

Hey, I just downloaded Kies to connect my S4 to my laptop. I tried the original Kies version as the website says S4 isn't supported by Kies 3. However when I downloaded it, it said that S4 isn't supported by Kies and that I need Kies 3. It took me to Kies 3 so I downloaded it. However, when I went on to 3, it says my phone isn't supported.
Basically I'm being thrown between both versions and both say my S4 isn't supported and to use the other. I'm stuck. Help please? My phone is currently on version 4.2.2 if that helps.
:thinking: :thinking:

Hello and welcome to Android Forums katkatkaaatx! :)

It sounds as though your phone has either been rooted in the past or has had a different firmware flashed to it. See #1.4 and #1.5 of http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/760098-28-galaxy-s4-models-know-yours.html to obtain more information about this problem, why it is happening and what you can do about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones