I Need Help With Winamp Please.

Last Updated:

1. Carlos813

Carlos813 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi to everyone. Im new at this forum and new to the Android family. Recently, I downloaded the winamp application and tried to enter an IP address to listen to a radio station's website in NJ. However, it began saying "no connection". I wanted to know if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm running Android Version 2.2 on an HTC HD2 by the way. Thanks to all and enjoy your weekend.:D

Advertisement
  2. syrnett

syrnett Member

Welcome to the forums and to android...

First... anything you downloaded to your device with the name Winamp isnt officially from Winamp (check the name of the publisher on the market).

With that being said... if you are looking to be able to stream internet radio on your device... I highly recommend going to the market and downloading "Pandora"... doesn't get better than that application.

Hope this helps a little...

Erik

3. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

People still use Winamp? That was the poop back in the day, but ever since AOL took it over and bloated it I will pass. Sad because that app rocks and I used to love skinning it! :D

Anyway, as Erik said there are plenty of other great radio apps for 'Droid if that unofficial Winamp app doesn't work.

I think Last.FM is another option. One of my local radio stations always advertises that app. And one of my favorite local stations has their own Android app which rocks! Except I have a radio on my Incredible if I choose to listen to the radio.