i need help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Davis83

Davis83 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had my phone since preorder, never had any problems with it until the start of this week. What's been happening is my phone would force close a lot of things, like my aim that never did that before and my internet. When I try to type it lags and its a good amount of lag to. The only thing I have notice is my battery have seem to be getting a lot hotter and faster. My friend stream also isn't working right, I click reload and it shows its doing it but it doesn't refresh it so im stuck in the same screen with no updates. Does anyone know what is going on with my phone? Have this happen to anyone else? Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

something seems to be burdening your system.. i would use Advanced Task Killer and kill all apps and then try it again. Have you tried the usual rebooting method first?

3. kriskmk

there is also an app called OS Monitor available from the Market. Use it and see your CPU usage and report back. My current CPU usage with bluetooth on and sync services on is 6-9%

4. Davis83

I have rebooted it a couple of times, after the reboot it works fine and it happens again. I'm gonna try the task killer then download and give the other app a try.

5. Davis83

Just downloaded and used the OS monitor my CPU usage was bouncing back and forth from 7% and 36%.

6. kriskmk

The 36% itself is not too bad.. but I suspect something is wrong if your battery is over heating.. ... and I am pretty sure it is one or some of your apps doing this. Use Advanced Task killer and see what apps are running.. kill one app at a time and then check the OS monitor to see how it affects CPU usage.. once you zero in on the problematic app.. uninstall it.

7. Davis83

Thanks will give it a try right now.

8. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Agree with Kristmk, even though I find task killers unnecessary when using Sense since it knows when to shut down or scale back running apps. However, sounds like it a recent app you added that is playing havoc and you have to go through a process of elimination to discover which one.
    I had to break myself of the habit of putting on strange apps because they looked cool and look into the app more closely before just arbitrarily adding it to my baby.

Apps are like meeting a stranger on the street...some helpful, some good, but some bad. good luck

9. Davis83

Could recently downloaded live wallpaper be the problem too? Even tho you are not using it.

10. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Doubt it since it just a photo and not a program.