• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need help...

10Koei

Lurker
Mar 30, 2012
Does anybody know if the Samsung Dart is able to type/text in Japanese? Because, I can read the Japanese on it just fine and there's no mishaps in the characters and I was also wondering if you can download the Japanese language texting input for free and of the best quality somewhere?

Please and Thank you!!!! >3<

You might want to try Cyanogenmod for your Dart as I believe that you can select Japanese as your language/input. If you ever plan on SIM unlocking, I would do that first as it requires the stock rom. Here are the links for you.
If you want to root the SGH-T499, superoneclick does work. SuperOneClick | shortfuse.org

You can gratis(free) sim/network unlock this phone very easily, you must do this on one of the original stock roms: xda-developers [TUTORIAL] Unlock Samsung [GT-S5570 / i5500 / Galaxy Ace]

The stock T-mobile and Mobilicity(Very Clean/Stock/Canadian) roms for the T499 are available here: [Archive] Stock ROMs and Tools

Finally there is a CyanogenMod 7.2 being worked on for this device, have a look at [UPDATED] [Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499) - MADTeam Forum

If I helped you at all, please click Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones