I need help...

1. Bauerlj

Bauerlj Member

I just got my dads old htc evo 4g. It is in pretty good condition knowing that he is a freak when it comes to his devices physical state. I activated it today and after turning it on and using in for about 10 minutes it shuts off by itself and will try to reboot but then turn off again. Try to reboot, then turn off again never actually rebooting. I have done many searches. Updated my profile and all of those. The only way I can get it to the home screen is if I take the battery out completely for about 2 minutes or so but then after what it seems to be 2 minutes it will shut off and then do what I previously explained. I have done the reset by holding the power button and down volume key and all of that. I'm very confused and help would be very nice

Advertisement
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Hello Bauerli, and welcome to AF. For help with your device, I recommend checking out this sub-forum specifically meant for your device. I hope you find what you're looking for.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-v-4g/
  3. Bauerlj

Bauerlj Member

Unfortunately, I could not find the solution in there. Thank you for trying though!
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums Bauerlj, glad to have you here :)

Sorry to hear about your issue though, have you looked into possible purchasing a new battery for your device? It sounds like that could be the issue.
  5. Bauerlj

Bauerlj Member

Not so far, it looks like that might be the case though!
  6. Bauerlj

Bauerlj Member

I'm trying to do everything I can internally before having to purchase something
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Have you tried factory resetting from within recovery to see if there is something wrong with an app/partition?
  8. Bauerlj

Bauerlj Member

Yep. 3 times at least
  9. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

^ do the above only if your not rooted witch I assume your not, but it's a good warning.

If that doesn't fix it I would try with your phone plugged in and if it stops doing that then it is your battery.
    The above has not been tested or approved, It's just my theory. Good luck.
  10. Bauerlj

Bauerlj Member

I have done both many times
  11. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Batteries shouldn't be that expensive i would suggest in going to amazon and seeing how much they are and buying one, looks to be the case to me.