i need serious help!!! bad issueGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-07-26 16:04:10
  1. Spike15

Spike15 Well-Known Member

I have posted the link in post #17

Advertisement
  2. Spike15

Do LG update to delete the root and go to MetroPCS for warranty replacement.
    Charizard likes this.
  3. Spike15

4. Charizard

Charizard Active Member

ok,im guessing i plus my phone into my computer for this?
  5. Spike15

Yes, just follow the directions the update tool provides.
  6. Charizard

Charizard Active Member

ok,my computer is slow,says 6minutes till update is done. ill let you know what happens.thanks so much.
  7. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of... it seems like hardware to me.... maybe someone else knows more
  8. Spike15

Yes, it is hardware. He is updating the phone to get rid of the root for warranty exchange.
  9. Charizard

Charizard Active Member

i downloaded every driver onto my computer, now im ready to put it on my phone... and of course when i connect it, it says disconnect,please connect your phone. Even though my phone shows that its connected and is charging. It wont let me start the update till it is "connected"
  10. Spike15

Phone must be in internet connection mode.
  11. Charizard

Charizard Active Member

got it, had to change my phones usb setting from mass storage to internet connection. now it says my battery level is too low to proceed. its at 30%. switching to my extended battery now xD
  12. Charizard

Charizard Active Member

holy s***, it says 45minutes left :( well its doing the update atleast. so now what, i have to send my phone in via mail and wait for a new one?? :(

edit: this website is awesome by the way. such helpful people. i appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to help me <3
  13. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Play with it after its updated. If it still does it take it to a metro store. They'll have to either send it off or some stores are cool and will replace it on the spot. They should give you a loaner phone if they have to send it off
  14. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Well-Known Member

I'll be checking this thread every five minutes to help you out. It's getting pretty late and some people may have gone to sleep. I won't sleep until 8 am so you have me here all night for help
  15. Spike15

Wait till update is complete and then check whether the root is still there; it shouldn't. Then, go to Metro store for a replacement.
  16. hYpHyPuRpLe

Are you guys completely surs it's hardware? Maybe it was just a glitch and the update will fix it.
  17. Spike15

Good observation. I am about to fall asleep. ;)
  18. Spike15

I highly doubt it. In that case, factory reset would have likely fixed it. But, who knows?
  19. hYpHyPuRpLe

Let's hope it's a glitch. He did say he was on ZV8 so maybe updating to ZVA will help
  20. Spike15

I haven't noticed any difference from the update on my Connect.
  21. hYpHyPuRpLe

ZVA was supposed to help out the people who were having overheating issues
  22. Spike15

I updated mine on the first day, so I did not have a chance to experience overheating.
  23. hYpHyPuRpLe

Oh very lucky. My phone used to overheat like crazy. Then I got a replacement phone and I'm able to run at 1.8 GHz and the phone just gets warm. It doesn't burn to touch like it used to on my old phone underclocked to 800 MHz
  24. Charizard

Charizard Active Member

hmm thats why my phone gets pretty hot i guess. i use the extended battery usually and it stays cooler then the battery that came with it so its not too bad. but hopefully this update will help more.

and thanks for whoever is still here to help me xD 31min left

edit: the extended battery is the 3500mah so its fatter but has more room for air to circulate i believe
  25. hYpHyPuRpLe

I don't think it has to do with air flow. It's just that the stock battery on our phones is pretty horrible. Some people don't have overheating issues so I don't know the real reason as to why some phones overheat