• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need some serious help!

Doomstang

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2010
Missouri
I downloaded the 2.2 update OTA on my phone and then clicked Install Now. It then reboots and goes into a bootloader (I had tried rooting in the past using Unrevoked 3 I believe but could not get it to complete so I just left it). It seems the hboot is the 0.79~ version. So after searching the forums I found these threads:
[TUTORIAL] How To Root The HTC EVO ~ Part-1 \0/ - xda-developers
[TUTORIAL] How To Unlock Nand Protection ~ Part-2 [Gaining RW Access/Full Root] - xda-developers
I downloaded the PC36IMG file and when I had it load that it did the blue bar and then said that the main is older and then had me reboot (so nothing changed I guess). I don't know what the heck to do now but I want the 2.2 update and I don't really care if I have to start fresh....I just don't know how to do that.
I tried downloading several different pc36img files and cannot get any of them to work...I even tried Simple Root .1 and I also got the error that the main is older.
I had actually even forgotten I had tried to root with Unrevoked 3 and it had failed...I thought I was good to go. I was able to root my hero in the past with no problem but I just couldn't get this method to work. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks I'm trying that now...there were 3 RUU's available so I went with the newest one (RUU_Supersonic_1.47.651.1_Radio_2.05.00.06.10_release_CL195459.exe)

Once it's done downloading I'll cross my fingers and give it a try. Hopefully this works

This is what I did and it unrooted just fine. I tried Simple Root first and I could not get it to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones