I need some serious help!

Last Updated:

1. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the 2.2 update OTA on my phone and then clicked Install Now. It then reboots and goes into a bootloader (I had tried rooting in the past using Unrevoked 3 I believe but could not get it to complete so I just left it). It seems the hboot is the 0.79~ version. So after searching the forums I found these threads:
    [TUTORIAL] How To Root The HTC EVO ~ Part-1 \0/ - xda-developers
    [TUTORIAL] How To Unlock Nand Protection ~ Part-2 [Gaining RW Access/Full Root] - xda-developers
    I downloaded the PC36IMG file and when I had it load that it did the blue bar and then said that the main is older and then had me reboot (so nothing changed I guess). I don't know what the heck to do now but I want the 2.2 update and I don't really care if I have to start fresh....I just don't know how to do that.
    I tried downloading several different pc36img files and cannot get any of them to work...I even tried Simple Root .1 and I also got the error that the main is older.
    I had actually even forgotten I had tried to root with Unrevoked 3 and it had failed...I thought I was good to go. I was able to root my hero in the past with no problem but I just couldn't get this method to work. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

all i know is that 0.79 bootloader means you wont be able to do a full root without doing simpleroot. 0.76 is the bootloader you'd want to see.

so you just want the stock 2.2 without root? that should be just a factory reset and applying the OTA, I'd think

3. Doomstang

Yeah...I can't get rid of the 0.79 bootloader. I've tried simpleroot and it puts a pc36img file and then reboots my phone. I go to fastboot and it finds the file, loads it under the bar, and then tells me the main is older.

4. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

5. Doomstang

Thanks I'm trying that now...there were 3 RUU's available so I went with the newest one (RUU_Supersonic_1.47.651.1_Radio_2.05.00.06.10_release_CL195459.exe)

Once it's done downloading I'll cross my fingers and give it a try. Hopefully this works

6. capt-capsaicin

capt-capsaicin Member

This is what I did and it unrooted just fine. I tried Simple Root first and I could not get it to work.