I need step by step instructions for viewing netflix on an hd tv through hdmi cable from droid x 2Support

Last Updated: 2012-03-27 05:42:17
  1. myrnawatson

myrnawatson New Member

I am in need of assistance on watching netflix from my droid x 2 on an hd tv using an hdmi cable. I have a charging station for the purpose of watching movies on my tv using my phone. If someone could post a step-by-step video for me that would be even better. Thanks for the help and I look forward to receiving it as soon as possible. I know this can be done but I am so baffled. :confused::eek:

Advertisement
  2. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

I was just about to figure this out myself, I just need to grab the cable.
  3. Moosemedic

Moosemedic New Member

Easy as pie,

• down load the app.
    • sign in to netflix
    • plug your HDMI cable into the tv select the hdmi input you plugged your cable in on the tv (eg. HDMI 1 etc)
    • plug in your phone (micro hdmi slot under the power slot)
    • the scree on your phone will show up on the middle of your tv screen.
    • simply select the movie you want to watch and the screen view will flip on your tv filling the viewable area.
    • I would elect to plug your charger in too so you don't run out of power!

i suggest for better viewing to use your home wifi. REMEBER that netflix is a streaming program and will eat up your data plan so dont use it off wifi unless you are on an unlimited data plan!

I found the HDMI cable on ebay for $1.50 with $2.00 shipping a far cry cheaper than anything i found on the normal web shopping pages or local cell phone or electronic stores.

same steps work for hulu+ and youtube.

if you happen to have a vizio tablet you can follow the same protocol

So thats that! Enjoy ya'll!
    Scur likes this.
  4. myrnawatson

myrnawatson New Member

My apologies...I meant to get back on here and post that I had figured it out and it worked wonderfully. Pretty much exactly as you describe...thank you so very much!
  5. anonymous-x

anonymous-x Member

this may sound goofy but spend $50 & get the ROKU. you'll get Netflix & so many more channels & music & weather... it's wireless from your modem, real easy.