I need yall's support..Fa-real

Last Updated:

1. Lii

Lii Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sup every1, Aight, the hero is about to lose one. I love the phone, but I absolutely hate the keyboard! I am 2.5 seconds away from switching to the moment. I've tried betterkeyboard and it's worst...Mayb my setting are off, but I'm a semi-huge texter and I calibrate all the time,yet it still takes me a frustrating long time to send a text off.
    K, what I would like from you guys to fill me in on what I may be able to do to make this problem better so that I can keep my hero. I don't want to get rid of it, but I swear to beans I will if there's nothing that can be done about this keyboard...:( (tear) Please help!

Advertisement
  2. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

#1. How long have you been using the phone?
    2. what keyboard are you using? (i.e. landscape, portrait-qwerty, or portrait-compact qwerty)
    3. what is the "keyboard" issue? (lag, incorrect key selection, incorrect prediction?)

Answer these and I can try to shed more light for you. FYI I type faster and MORE ACCURATELY on my touch keyboard with my Hero than I do on my BB Tour physical keyboard... SHOCKING! There is most likely a setting that is affecting your outcome or you just aren't typing confidently. Anyway, I'll await your reply.

3. agreenmartian

agreenmartian Member

I went from a palm centro to hero and thought I would have trouble with the touch only keyboard. It took me a few days to get used to it, but now I actually type faster than on the centro.

BTW I spent about 40 mins with both the hero and the moment in the Sprint store, and sense outweighs any advantage a physical keyboard had; for me.

4. Lii

Well, I've. had my hero for about a month now. I'm using the portrait qwerty kb and my issue is text prediction and accuracy. I'd love to know how u type better on this thing. That's amazing to know.

5. d12bn

d12bn Well-Known Member

I use compact qwerty, not perfect but works better for me.

I read about Touchpal I think that's what its called, anyway was suppose to predict errors much better but I can't find it. You can see it on youtube but can't buy it anywhere

6. Lii

Thanks agreenmartian, I really needed to hear that I had a good phone cauz I believe that I do. Text accuracy is the only this that bothers me.

7. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Hand eye coordination helps.
    I have huge sausages for fingers and have no problems with speed or accuracy. If you use prediction/correction properly you shouldn't have any issues.

8. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Lii,

open the settings and play with the prediction and spell correction settings. I too have issues every now and again, but you have to develop the trait of checking the suggestions as you type. If you get in this habit you can actually type faster, b/c most the time the prediction recommends the word you are typing well before you finish typing, and if it's already highlighted just press space to input the word and it saves many keystrokes.

Anyway, try removing the spell check option and see if that helps. (DO NOT spell check before prediction...)

9. Lii

Aight, cool beans, thanks TF1984, I'll be sure to mess wit the settings and give it a clean shot. It's still annoying..lol, but I wanna keep my phone so I'm willing to try anything that helps:)

10. Lii

Ok, OK...took off spell check, def helped! Good lookin' out TF1984...5 stars!

11. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

great. and hey by the way, if you experience any lag while typing, which I use to, that can be solved by rooting and using a custom rom. big difference in typing speeds...

12. Lii

I was looking into rooting, still tryna figure out if I need to tho, but I will keep that in mind and will prob do so if I experience lag issues...Thanks again:)

13. TheGreatGonzo

TheGreatGonzo New Member

If accuracy is one of the issues there is a keyboard calibration somewhere in the settings - Can't remember exactly where and don't have the Hero with me right now. I did this calibration exercise because I wasn't hitting the keys on center. It learned how I hit the keys and corrected itself to match me. Now it does much better.