• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I needed to find an application that automatically respond to messages?

if the message is not too involved, and a simple reply is all that is needed, or you need a function taken care of, and IF you don't know Tasker, or if you don't want to learn it, check out MacroDroid.

I have it set up to monitor several SMS messages and it does little things for me...
one of them responds to the word "whereareyou" and that turns on the GPS, gets the locations, and then replies to the sender with the current location and a link to Google maps. kind of neat for a quick and dirty phone finder, or people finder.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

I currently have 13 macros doing little jobs..
ie, turn ON/OFF the internet if the screen is locked/unlocked.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
what app? and how does it use? could you send to me a link???

Tasker – complete automation facility
Tasker App Factory – convert Tasker script to .APK file

There is a sub-dorum dedicated to Tasker at ...
http://androidforums.com/forums/tasker.1930/

People are different. Some people have trouble with Tasker because it is too complicated. Some people love Tasker because it is complicated and full featured.

It will take a degree of commitment to learn Tasker.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones