1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

i-nigma: Wow. Not Ready for Prime Time. Sorry.

Last Updated:

1. Mr_Bloggerific

Mr_Bloggerific New Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 16, 2010
    So, I was really excited when I saw this link where you can order a new copy of Jules Verne's "Around the World in 80 Days" with embedded QR codes. Nearly every page includes one or more QR codes (even the front and pack covers have QR codes!) linking the reader to more information on the web about what he/she is reading in the book. You might scan a code and find yourself on Wikipedia (or on your Wapedia Android app) reading more information. You might find yourself watching a clip on YouTube, or looking at a Google Map. ALL links to flesh out what you're reading. I haven't started reading yet (just got the book today) but I believe some links even take you to forums for more discussion if you choose.

I say all this because in the video I saw talking about the book (https://www.createspace.com/3408471) I was able to pause the video and scan the QR codes .....in the video....using Barcode Scanner app on my HTC Incredible and was taken directly the various sites. So I knew the links worked on an Android (original site only mentions Apple. Gag.)

Then, in the video, I noticed another QR scanner. I-nigma. They were using this software throughout the demo of the book. So naturally when the book arrived I was interested in trying this app.

The install went fine, but the actual use, ummmm. No. As soon as the camera powered on, not only was the image skewed, it was turned 180 degrees!!! WOULD NOT SCAN A SINGLE CODE.

So, uninstalled for now, and am reverting to Barcode Scanner <<<which scans from the book better than it did from the video of the book.

-Mr. Bloggerific Himself