I noticed something new today...General

Last Updated: 2009-11-15 23:50:39
  1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

I stopped in the VZW store today to take a look at the Eris again. I'm withing 30 days of my Droid purchase, but part of me misses the Sense UI. I tried the Hero on Sprint back in October. I noticed something that I don't think was on the Sprint Hero. I could be wrong so someone correct me if you know better. The Application Menu (grid layout) was bouncing when I reached the top or bottom. This is definitely better than stock Android or the Sprint Hero. When you reach the top or bottom it just stops scrolling, and I was always wondering is the phone frozen or am I at the end?
    Just something I noticed, and btw Verizon's Eris does seem faster than Sprint's Hero.

Advertisement
  2. Nate

Nate Active Member

Yep! You are correct in that the Eris bounces when it reaches the top or bottom while the Hero does not.
  3. You have to understand that the Eris is a superior and refined phone compared to the Sprint Hero. The Hero is basically a prototype/BETA device to the Eris.
  4. michaelkahl

The Sprint Hero has a much larger battery as well. Really I don't see how it's the beta version, since they are the same guts with a different name and different clothes (casings).
  5. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

Ok. What do you guys mean exactly when you say "bounce back"? So you click the little arrow on the bottom left corner to bring up the apps menu. And then what is the bounce back exactly? If there is a video showing the bounch back, I would like to seeit. Thanks
  6. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

The Sprint Hero does bounce at the top and bottom of the Application Menu. I just tested it.
  7. michaelkahl

Thanks for the correction, I just couldn't remember it doing that.
  8. Nate

Nate Active Member

Ok.. Well from the countless Hero videos I have watched, the application list just stops when the user overswipes. Never owned a Hero, so I base my answer solely off of others.