I paid retail for the Incredible and got the $100 MIRGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just like the title says. The day after I received the Incredible, on the 29th, I did the online pre-submission, mailed the paperwork in, and got the $100 prepaid Visa in the mail today. So for anyone else who paid retail, give it a shot!

My invoice didn't say "Rebate Not Eligible" like it has sometimes in the past, so if yours does, YMMV.

So my net cost for the Inc was $174 (or $254 if you count the original cost of the Eris); I actually got $255 out of my Eris (sold it with 2.1 installed, prior to its official availability).

Advertisement
  2. kicko

kicko Active Member

Thats the kind of stuff you dont post on public forums. I do realize your trying to help people (help them cheat) but i personally would not mention if i got lucky like that.

3. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Where did you get the paper work or submission form? I was wondering if i could get it as i paid full retail.

4. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Define "retail."

According to this page the retail price of the phone is $529. If you paid $529 and got $100 MIB how does this come out to $174?

Did you sign a new two year agreement? If not, how did you get the phone for $300ish?

5. vacaloca

vacaloca Active Member

I did the same myself.. even got the $30 credit and sold my droid for 280. Mine didn't say rebate not eligible either... In the past I've done the same as well and always got the rebates. :)

nunyabizness likes this.
  6. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

She's including how much she got for her Eris. You know...like we will be doing in a year when the 4g phones are out. :p (and for those of us in a 1 year contract...best of both worlds)

jj3699 and nunyabizness like this.
  7. nunyabizness

I already have the rebate card in my hands, so I don't care, sorry. I'm not exactly sure how I'm helping anyone cheat - if "not rebate eligible" is printed on anyone's receipt/invoice, they're probably not going to get their rebate. It was not printed on mine, so I thought it was worth a shot and submitted it. It worked. End of story.

Just search for "rebate" on Verizon's site and it'll take you to a page where you enter the UPC to see if the phone has a rebate.

I'm counting the $255 I got for the Eris against the cost of the Incredible, since that's the phone I was using and sold the day after I got the Inc.

$529 retail
    -$100 MIR
    -$255 Eris
    $174 (or, like I said $254 if you add back in the original cost of the Eris)

snork and cdodge like this.
  8. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I thanked you two times. Something like this deserves many thanks ;)

nunyabizness likes this.
  9. nunyabizness

Haha...thanks! :D

10. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

This is so funny. I bought mine online with the 1 yr pricing and just checked my UPC and it shows i can get the 100 dollar rebate. But, I'm sure they will catch this when i mail my online receipt.

Hmmm, still pondering though.....will they catch it?

11. boxermansr

boxermansr Well-Known Member

I got mine @ retail too, and just looked over my invoice and it doesn't say I can't so I just did. Hopefully it'll process faster since the address to mail it to is in my city (though everytime that happens, it still ends up taking forever and a year).

12. mrlanrat

mrlanrat Member

Where can I find a form/link to submit a rebate?

13. vacaloca

vacaloca Active Member

mrlanrat likes this.
  14. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

with posts like that i'd be willing to bet that you've never got "lucky" in your life.

15. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

Good stuff. I'm in for the rebate.

16. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Thanks for the posting. My friend actually payed full price for the phone at the VZW store and they wrote down the website for this and told him about the $100 rebate as well. So I dont think its "cheating", plus, as the OP said, there isn't anything on the rebate form that says paying full price means you aren't eligible

17. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

18. nunyabizness

This is what it said in my email: "We have received your rebate submission for Verizon Wireless Mail-In Rebate Offer with Purchases Made Between April 1, 2010 through May 9, 2010." So May 9th < 2 weeks ago. Is it possible that you made a typo when entering the numbers? If that's the case, I don't think it will give you an error - I messed around putting random UPC's in when we were waiting for a release date for the phone (trying to see if that would give a clue :)) and I never got an error - only the same message about it no longer being available.

19. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

Just submitted mine no issues! Now we will see if I do in fact get the card in a couple of weeks. If so, like you, my cost out of pocket will be pretty low considering I was able to unload my moto droid for 300.

20. nunyabizness

Anyone who does get the card, I'll be expecting a PM requesting my email address so that you can send me a referral percentage via Paypal. :p JK...or am I?! LOL ;)

21. ionizer

ionizer Well-Known Member

plan on trying later tonight

22. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Active Member

Well I received my $100 rebate card today. Whew!!! Whew!!! Thank you so much nunya for posting!!! Glad you're just kidding about the referral percentage I need to use the $100 to help pay for the cost of the phone...LOL

23. nunyabizness

You're welcome - glad you were successful in getting it! :)

24. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

got my card yesterday!!! awesome made this phone so much more worth it now that it was 100 dollars less.

25. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

i got it for $299, got the $100 mail in rebate...had a dust issue with my phone so i was sent a brand new replacement... sent in the rebate info again just for kicks and got another $100 gift card! w00t!