I plan to get this phone. Who's with me?General

Last Updated:

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

My cousin had left Sprint, but recently just came back because pricing was way cheaper than what he would've been paying for T-Mobile (w/ 2 lines).

Anyhow, getting back on topic. I like the phone a lot, but still in wait and see mode. First time in a long time that HTC wasn't automatically my #1 choice. Of course, this wouldn't have happened if the LTEvo was the successor announced last year, instead of the 3vo.

Advertisement
  2. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

I really like the phone as well! I maybe waiting on another colour from Sprint (Preferably white)! I don't care a Mohpo or a GS3 because of rooting/hacking purposes, and how ridiculous and tideous to root/hack the samung phones!
  3. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

Definetly cant wait!
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

No doubt about my love for my EVO 3D, but I don't think I can resist not upgrading to such a cool device. There comes a time in your life that you just have to let go. And move on to the next best thing.

Even though my next update is sometime next year. No worries, though, because this device will still be one of the best even up to 2014. [​IMG]
  5. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

I usually deal with radioshack but i guess ill have to pre order thru sprint... does anyone know if radioshack will be doing pre orders? or am i really better off just going thru sprint? and another Q.... pre sale begins may 7th... when do i actually get my hands on it?! : )
  6. Desert Cactus

Desert Cactus Well-Known Member

I will upgrade to this and replace the glossy back :-D. Else I could wait for the S4 Pro with the much better GPU!
  7. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

all 3rd party outlets will most likely have pre-sale around the same time as sprint (especially BB and RS). you will PROBABLY get the actual device early june though no date is comfirmed yet
  8. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

My og launch evo needs an upgrade. Definitely
  9. drexappeal

LINK to email reminder from Best Buy: HTC EVO 4G LTE
    AM2 likes this.
  10. MobileES

MobileES Well-Known Member

As per my usual yearly phone upgrade that I do, I will be buying this day one most likely at close to full price. My 3D works just fine, however the geek in me has to have the latest that's out, plus I like a few new things they added and fixed.
  11. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence right now. Sort interested in seeing what Samsung and even Apple are going to do.
  12. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

An Achilles heel for the EVO 4G has been real time battery life (or lack of it). The EVO 4G LTE does not have a [consumer] replaceable battery - if it is a power hog, the phone may be doomed. (The EVO 4G has been a power hog with an inadequate original battery What will be the power draw of the LTE version - stay tuned!)
  13. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i want.. been sitting on my upgrade since November...htc is what i have always gotten in the past....

but want to see about sammy's sg3... because of the rumored very thin bezel all around phone... love that look. and of course i want real confirmation the GPS is fixed.
  14. tradergary

tradergary New Member

Will definitely upgrade from my 3VO.
  15. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

I plan on getting it as well... I think this is the phone to beat in 2012...
  16. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

How did you already sign up for the pre-sale? I thought that wasn't possible until 7 May?
  17. mlb

mlb Well-Known Member

Sorry, to clarify I signed up for the presale notification through Sprint
  18. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

kickstand....works in 3 positions.. both landscape .. and portrait... there are pics of it in all 3 positions out.

battery is larger...2000mah. and with better more efficient parts.. it should be pretty good .. depending on your area's signal strength and usage.

but ...you can wait for the next phone... there is always one coming around the corner.. with different specs.. android and choices! :)
  19. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

Ah ok. I did the same. Thanks for the clarification.
  20. drexappeal

Actually, using the kickstand while charging will work just like it works on the Photon, since it's much stronger than the kickstand for the EVO or the thunderbolt. You can flip the phone onto the other side and it'll prop up fine.
  21. flood4t

flood4t New Member

Im definitely getting this phone. Finally a phone that has Iphone resolution!!
  22. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm also waiting to see what Samsung brings with the GS3. I'm not all in with the EVO just yet.
  23. drexappeal

:confused: Photon, EVO 3d, & EVO Design have better resolution listed than iPhone 4s.
  24. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

really??? I didn't know this...is this obvious or does your mention of it as being "listed" refer to something not widely known?
  25. drexappeal

Sorry, I was wrong. They're close (540X960), but not quite where the iPhone 4s is (640X960).
    BenChase7 and AM2 like this.