I played with the G2 today

Last Updated:

1. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was at my local Tmobile store in Chicago and I got to play with the G2 today. It is very light compared to the G1 since no keyboard. The typing is much better then the G1 and don't know why this same software is not on the G1. The letters seems to be spaced out better and easier to use.

The resolution seems to be better but I only played with this for a few minutes since I was there to find where my widgets went to.

She kept telling me that there is "new" software on the G2 that makes it better but not really sure what she means

Larry

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

What you got your hands on was the myTouch 3G, not to be confused with the Hero aka G2 Touch. And "she" may not have been the most informed rep. There is no new software that would enhance the responsivness of the myTouch, rather two factors may have played into it: There isn't as much running on the myTouch you were playing with relative to your G1 which would definatley help typing speed; and there is a bit more memory on the myTouch compared to the G1.

Was it enough to make you want to upgrade? :)

3. lkosova

Thanks for clarifying that. She just said in her seductive voice "wanna see and play with the new G2". She could of said anything and I would of said...YES , YES!!!!:D.

It was lighter and quicker and the virtual keyboard "seemed" to be space out more and easy to type. My G1 screen is cracked due to my dropping it (heh, I am a guy and we drop stuff) so I have the itch but is cost prohibitive right now. I will most likely fix my screen and just live with the G1 for another year till my contract is up.

Larry

4. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

I have replaced the screen on couple of different htc phones; mda, wing, and now the g1. (a few to many drunken nights I guess). Anyway the g1 was the most difficult to change but is doable.
    The biggest thing is to not force anything and make sure all the ribbon connections are all the way in there and taped down, especially the one to the digitizer, other wise you will have all kinds of problems. If you have any questions you can pm me. I think think I saw a dissemble guide on xda after I had finished the job.

5. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

I love my G1 and would LIKE to think I would stick with it for quite awhile... but I have a feeling this holiday season is going to be RIDICULOUS for Android lovers.

The whole G2/MyTouch naming convention stuff is so irritating... I wish they wouldn't feel the need to be special and just call the phone whatever HTC calls it!

I have to say that the landscape QWERTY on the new Android software is pretty darn impressive... and calibrating they keyboard definitely helps.

6. lkosova

Randall.

So is there a youtube video on how to do this or something??? I have a local place that wants $135.00 to do it. I guess they say it is always the glass and digitalizer together???

Thanks,

larry