i really dont knowGeneral

1. thayerduh

thayerduh Member

Hi AF,

I'm currently using my OV and I have no problem at all with it. Except for the battery And this leads me to my question, I have noticed the battery has been draining alot for a few months now. I have tried many battery saving apps on here as well as freezing apps. Does anyone have a recommendation on what i should do to fix this ? Should I invest in a new battery ? etc :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. thayerduh

thayerduh Member

Doesn't look like anyone is going to help might as well close this thread then please.
  3. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL * VIP Member

Are you rooted?
    What rom are you running?

You need to keep your screen brightness turned down as far as you can.
    Also ... i leave 3g turned off until i need it, and sync off, i just check email once a day or there is an app that will turn sync on when you want, you can set it up how you like.

You just have to be diligent about your phone settings to save battery life.
  4. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

You can buy a brand new battery on ebay for around $7 on ebay. If you where going to look into that theres a bit of info for you. You could also get a 3900Ma extended battery on ebay for anywhere from $10-20. The ones that are around $20 are the ones that include 2 batterys, the back, and a wall charger for the battery, the wall charger also has a usb port on the top of it.
    badblue1 likes this.
  5. iwantbruce

iwantbruce Active Member

These smartphones don't have great battery life, especially if you have a lot of it's functions turned on.
    If you don't need the 3g/Wireless internet access function always on, turn the antennas off by going to 'Settings', then 'Wireless and Networks'. Uncheck the boxes for 'WiFi' and 'Bluetooth' if you're not using them. In 'Mobile Netwoks' turn off 3G if not needed.
    Go into 'Settings'. Then 'Location & Security'. Are your "Use Wireless Networks" and "Use GPS Sattelites" boxes 'ticked' on? If they are, de-select them. Those will suck your battery's juice, they're only needed when you're using google maps/navigation and some other apps.
    Also, go to 'Settings', then "Accounts and Sync'. Uncheck the boxes for "Background Data' and 'Auto-Sync', these also drain the battery. These need to be checked if you want your phone to 'notify' you that you just received a new gmail email.
    If you want to have sync and background data, gps and location always on during your day, then get that double-size battery that Phatninja55 described above. I bought 2 extra regular batteries from Amazon for $15 delivered, less convienent than the double sized battery, but cheaper.
    Also, in 'Settings', 'Applications', you can 'Force Stop' apps that you aren't currently using, that will save battery too.
    2/16/2012: I would also suggest getting these free apps from the Playstore. Android Assistant+18 by Aaron, File Manager by Rhmsoft, Clean Master, and if your device is rooted, DroidWall.

Android Assistant has a lot of useful tools including an app backup and app to SD card utility.

File Manager is a very good app with no time limit like some other free file managers have.

DroidWall (for rooted devices only) is a nice little 'firewall' app that does not have any 'permissions. It lets you "whitelist/deny" internet access for any installed app. Works great! Especially useful for people who have limited data plans.

Clean Master cleans up caches and old unused data from your device.
  6. CritterLes

CritterLes Active Member

I'll go with the suggestion to get a new bigger battery. Just got one for my wife's phone. It's not that much bigger or heavier but the charge time has almost doubled.
    The above link tells about where to get the 3900 ma type batteries.
    It's worked for me.
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Look in the accessories sticky.