• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Really Like this Phone BUT....

hoopsdavis

Oct 15, 2009
some of the issues we're experiencing really should have been caught before release.

Wrong times on the clock (I haven't experienced this yet)
Weather not updating.
Alarm Clock not working (Had my phone for 5 days, the alarm hasn't worked yet)

to have so many of us experience these issues, there's no way none of this was noticed. (Unless testing was very minimal)

Hey, you may be experiencing the same problem i had with the alarm. When you go into the alarm to set the time, while in the screen that allows you to select the time click the alarm sound and then click volume button on the side, this changes the alarm volume. Mine was originally set to silent, i don't know why they would even have that option for an alarm.

Stepwise directions.

Click the clock
Go to the alarm
Click alarm sound
Press volume up

If that doesn't resolve the problem then i don't know what your issue is.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0
Hey, you may be experiencing the same problem i had with the alarm. When you go into the alarm to set the time, while in the screen that allows you to select the time click the alarm sound and then click volume button on the side, this changes the alarm volume. Mine was originally set to silent, i don't know why they would even have that option for an alarm.

Stepwise directions.

Click the clock
Go to the alarm
Click alarm sound
Press volume up

Best of luck.

Thanks for the alarm volume tip. I didn't know you could adjust the volume until now. Mines was set to low.:D

Upvote 0
I agree. I have some small issues with it.

The clock I have noticed. If you wait about 2 seconds it updates, however its still annoying when your taking a quick look at the time.

The weather not updating is another issue. I do have to click refresh every time to update it.

The alarm clock works great for me on going off, however i have to hit the snooze button many times to get it to shut up. It wakes up the entire house and then me yelling at it does not help.

Other issues that you did not list I will list.

Slowdowns - It often slows down on things, sometimes on dialing or typing which really sucks.
Facebook Sync - This fails every few days and I loose all my pictures of my contacts. This really pisses me off the most since I rely a lot on the pictures for my speed dialing.

Upvote 0

Stepwise directions.

Click the clock
Go to the alarm
Click alarm sound
Press volume up

Best of luck.

Well this didn't solve my issue, the alarm isn't working , this could be due to being connected to the charger or due to being sleep. My alarm is set to 7am, after realizing the alarm didn't sound off this morning I removed it from the charger and changed the alarm for 7:04am and what do you know it worked. so if this is telling me the alarm isn't workinng while on the charger or sleep, I'm taking it back. As I've mentioned before, some of the issues with the phone are just inexcusable.

Upvote 0
You aren't using an app killer to kill the Clock process are you? Someone was reporting the same issue and they kept the clock on an auto-kill so it would never work.

I'm using a task killer but its not automatic. (I don't think, I'll have to check that)
If the clock was actually being killed, I'd imagine the alarm icon in the tackbar would go away once killed. Correct?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones