I really need this question answered.PLEASE.

Last Updated:

1. Junbug

Junbug New Member This Topic's Starter

So i really want the my touch on AT&T, technically i really want an android phone. SO i have at&t
    and you know what that means smart phones for at&t require $30/month :(. so anyway you know where this is going. getting an unlocked my touch and putting at&t sim in it. I currently have a data plan idk what one since they changed it and all with the datapro ETC. But if i cancel my data can i just use the mytouch without it cause i really don't care about data. or if i could could I? anyway please answer thank You

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

If you already have the $30/data with AT&T (pre June 7th changes), you could bring any "unlocked" phone on the network, and drop down to the "unlimited data" ($15/mo)...athough you may have to go off contract. The T-Mo phone will not work with AT&T's 3G.

I added one of the lines back on my 2-line family plan, after leaving in Dec. with an AT&T Moto Q. When I re-joined, with an unlocked n900, the sales rep offered me the $15/mo data, "because I was bringing my own phone". Following the plan changes, I now have the option of keeping my $30 "data/text unlimited" (used to be just "data unlimited"), to the $15/mo "data". My g/f with an e71x, still on contract, does not have this option. I put the SIM back in my Moto Q, and the system (per online acct. login) recognized it, even though I deleted it after leaving last year, yet I'm still offered the $15 plan.

Good luck.

FWIW, I still have T-Mo and was able to pull this on their $10/mo. data plan:

[​IMG]