I really want this phone but...Support

Last Updated:

1. NYdroid33

NYdroid33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I checked all the specs and this doesnt seem like much of an upgrade to the Moment.

Same screen resolution, both EV-DO A, both have 3.2 mp cameras with flash (Transform has advantage with front facing camera though), both have 800 mhz processors and both have the same amout of RAM.

Like I said, I have the Moment and I want this phone but is there anything special about it (besides the front facing camera) that would make me want to upgrade?

Dont get me wrong, the Moment is a piece of crap with a ton of glitches, but the Transform is also a mid level Samsung android phone so Im not sure if this thing will be just as aggravating as the Moment.

Does the Transform come with 2.1 or 2.2? some websites say 2.1 but some say 2.2. Its amazing how these websites try to guess the specs before the phone comes out and lead us on with bogus information.

A lot of people say this is basically an Epic without the 4g but I dont kno... Both have the same resolution but the Moment has an AMOLED screen and the Transform has an HVGA... which one is better?

Id appreciate any input on helping me decide if I should ebay my Moment for the Transform... The Intercept was a MAJOR disappointment. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

the transform comes with 2.1 and will be upgradable to 2.2 before the end of the year. the full specs can be found on sprints website. i would wait before making any decisions. from the specs and limited reviews i read it looks like a solid mid range android phone.

3. DroidSteve

DroidSteve Active Member

I bought this phone for my daughter, and I have to say I was very surprised. The battery is awesome. After 13 hours off the charger, the phone was still at 81% last night. My daughter uses her phone a lot, so this is just not with the phone sitting. I have the incredible, and while it is a bit faster than the Transform, I have to say I could almost give up a little speed for that battery life. I would really like to see how it runs after the Froyo update. My wife is considering selling her Evo and getting the Transform due to the battery alone. All in all a great little phone.

4. NYdroid33

NYdroid33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im actually kind of leaning toward the crackberry Bold 9650...

5. natedogchc

natedogchc Member

You are right, it isn't a whole lot different than the Moment. However it is better in the following: Keyboard, 2.2 upgrade, build quality and styling.

6. berger1980

berger1980 Active Member

And slightly modified Z hinge.

7. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

I would disagree, the specs sound the same, but the performance is excellent.