I recieved an infraction for having an opinion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, and before your minds run wild, I am not trying to start trouble, I am just seeking some clarification. Slug, a moderator, recently sent me this

this was the post it came from:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/29882-app-police.html#post210120

Now am I missing something here? Maybe someone can point out exactly what I did to deserve an infraction other than posting my on-topic opinion and sharing a story with everyone? I don't understand what I did wrong? Thanks everyone in advance.

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Slug had asked that the thread be kept on topic. The topic of the thread is apps for police. It wasn't meant to be a thread about what cops do wrong.

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator This Topic's Starter

So did everyone who didn't post about an app for police receive this infraction or was it just me? Can I go around pointing out every little post that sways on a tangent?

Oh and sorry if i mis posted this in the wrong spot, I didnt see the suggestion box thing.

4. shivers316

We DO believe in free speech. If you want to post a thread about your experiences with police in the lounge, feel free as long ad it doesn't turn into a disrespectful war.

As for other people getting infractions, I'm out of town and only have my phone so I can't really check. Maybe Slug can shed more light on that.

For now, I'm going to go open some presents. I'll check back later.

5. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

I am glad this was brought to the surface, this has happened a few times on another forum I visit alot.

Not trying to stir the pot but there are quite a few post in that thread that are not on topic.

The original poster was looking for 2 apps and the following post ...
    joetool ..
    pwabbit..
    are the only post that were on that subject. If iowa received an "infraction" for his post, then in all fairness everyone except the OP and the two listed above should have received one.

While I believe its ok to warn someone of getting off topic, I dont think iowa alone deserves this. He was in no way offending, rude or disrespectfully to anyone.

If this is the way this forum is going to be run, I will find it very hard to stay here. I will also not recommend this sight any more.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I hope there's more to this than what I can see in the thread, as in deleted posts, private messages or similar issues in other threads. If not, this appears to be very selective and some could argue heavy handed enforcement of rules. Overbearing and unfair moderation is the reason I stopped contributing on ppcgeeks, I sincerely hope it's not creeping in here too.

7. shivers316

Like I said before...I'll be looking into it. However, it's Christmas day and I don't have access to a pc, so please be patient with me.

8. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Not coming down on you or anyone. I will be patient. Just wanted to voice my concerns.

Merry Christmas.

9. shivers316

Understood. Trust me, I'm not one for overpolicing the site.

10. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

/trusts Shivers can handle this one.

Merry Christmas all (..that celebrate it)!

11. shivers316

I have done what I think is fair. This discussion is now closed. If anyone has anything further they would like to discuss, please do it via pm. Thank you.

P.S. None of what was done was done because of what was said. People have a right to their opinions. This whole thing started because the thread was put way off topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.