• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I reset my phone, now wifi doesn't work at home

Hello,
My phone was working too slow lately and so I decided to reset it. Everything was fine except for the wifi. -It works everywhere EXCEPT at home- It would say "Authenticating...Disconnected...Remembered with WPA/ wpa2 psk...Disabled WPA/ WPA2 psk' Also, when I turned it on there was 3G sign on the notification bar on top.

Details:
-Reset it again
-Turn on and off
-Checked if it's on airplane mode, it not
-Took out battery and sim

Thank you for any replies!

Overtherainbow: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :D

Sorry you're having trouble with your Dart not connecting to wifi. I have that issue from time to time... and I know this sounds a little weird, but have you powered down the router and then powered it back up to try and connect?

Not sure what kind of router you have, but mine hangs up from time to time. A power cycle sometimes clears that up.

Reactions: overtherainbow
Upvote 0
First I would check for a firmware update for your router. The first place to look is on the mfg website. A better option is if a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT is available for your router. Just make sure to verify your make/model/version first.

After that, if you are still having issues, I would try a new rom like Cyanogenmod. Let us know how it all works out for you.

Upvote 0
Usually, unplugging the power to the router for 30 seconds to one minute will clear up that problem. It would also be beneficial to check the channel settings on the router. A lot of web sites tell people to use (in the U.S.) channels 1, 6, or 11 as these three do not overlap any other channel, but I have had the same issues described, with the router being set to channel 1. You can use any of the 11 channels with your router, not just 1, 6, or 11.

My router (Cisco Linksys E2000) has an 'Auto' channel setting, which allows the router to use the best channel based on local usage. For example, you may have a 2.4GHz cordless phone at home, which may also use channel 1. This will cause interference with other devices (laptops, Androids) trying to connect to the router on channel 1's frequency.

Also, since you did a hard reset of the phone, any WiFi account settings in the phone, would have been erased during the reset, which reverts back to the original state of the phone as it was, when first used. All apps downloaded/installed before a hard reset, are also erased during the reset.

I hope this information is helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones