I rooted my moment...now what?

Last Updated:

1. talim

talim New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a noob to like all of this so bare with me, I love jailbreaking and rooting stuff, just because I love being in complete control of my device....so thats the main reason why I rooted my samsung moment. I usually gain experience from all of this by looking on youtube tutorials or going to threads, I've never asked or seeked helped personally until now. So my question is what can I do with my phone now? I have an idea of how I would put new roms on my moment but I want to be sure of what I'm doing before I brick my phone from a careless mistake. How to get started on a Rooted phone in a nut shell? Thanks in advance :eek:

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

well... you can do anything really... load custom roms (most over at SDX-Developers are pretty sturdy and offer alot of different optinos) you can download a tether program and have internet service for a laptop, desktop, ipod/pad anywhere you ahve phone service (this is BY FAR my favortie feature right now) also you can dl apps that require root acess to run (shootme and root explorer off the top pf my head)

3. The_Anarchist_Connection

The_Anarchist_Connection New Member

Hahaha. I was thinking the exact same thing when I rooted my phone!! But here it is. Well first you can go to SDX-Developers.com for some really good roms. For instance, I dowloaded Zrom 2.3.2 from the website. It came with this "zip." File that said Deodex something you'll see it, well what I didn't know was that I was supposed to drag in the Deodex file into my SD card with the Zrom 2.3.2 and the phone needed to be flashed with a de03 baseband so I wasted a while flashing my phone over and over again. Just know that's if you get a Rom from SDX (I got the radioactive froyo w/ eyecandy theme) to download the deodex file and load that "zip." File onto the phone first then just load the custom ROM you decide to get and load it on afterwards. :D

4. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Clockworkmod ROM Manager from the market works on the Samsung?

5. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

never heard of it. let me know if you have any success... only one way to find out if its worth its salt ;)

6. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I haven't rooted my Moment yet. I just rooted my Hero using Z4root, and I tried using that on the Moment but it didn't work. The reason why I'm asking this is because I don't want to load a ROM manually because I'm afraid I will screw up this phone whether people might keep saying that it's super easy. Clockworkmod ROM Manager works fine on the Hero and just with a couple of clicks on the phone itself it will automatically load ROMs into the phone and I was wondering if anyone knew if it would work on the Moment once is rooted.