• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root i rooted my nexus one but im having problems with it now

Dear Members,

I rooted my Nexus One by Bootloader but the Wi-Fi has stopped working and shows UNABLE TO START WI-FI when i finger it, so i will appreciate if you teach me how i can get back to the unrooted time as i have not got any backup.

I know nothing about Android so let me have the procedure as simple as possible.
Current Specs of my device:
Build No. ERE27
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
model: nexus one

Thanks in advance.
Ashkan

Upvote 0
Dear Members,

I rooted my Nexus One by Bootloader but the Wi-Fi has stopped working and shows UNABLE TO START WI-FI when i finger it, so i will appreciate if you teach me how i can get back to the unrooted time as i have not got any backup.

I know nothing about Android so let me have the procedure as simple as possible.
Current Specs of my device:
Build No. ERE27
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
model: nexus one

Thanks in advance.
Ashkan

What have you tried to flash (i.e. which Custom ROM)?

Upvote 0
It is probably a mismatch between the phones radio and the one in your your recovery image like AMON or the froyo rooter you flashed. You gave none of them details. You can google it and find some info there and on the xda forums. Had same problem after unlocking bootloader and installing AMON and flashing Cyan Quickerooter. I could not get things to work on the guide I was using and found different steps that mentioned taking the QR boot image and putting in the SDK tools folder. Which I did.

For whatever reason I had no wifi. One person on the XDA forum sounded like he did those steps in the wrong order and when he redid them it worked. Others said a radio mismatch.

So, you can backup, wipe, and reflash everything. Or, get a froyo radio dl that will work. Or, like I did just flashed a ROM (Modaco r19) and problem solved. I figured why redo all that. I rooted for a reason, and with nand backup now just start experimenting with different ROM's.

Ken

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones