I Rooted Now I Cant Unroot

Last Updated:

1. mdcowby

mdcowby Well-Known Member

I Rooted my Maxx now I cant UN-root, I keep getting asked to update software from Verizon I dont care about the update just want to unroot my phone. anyone with any ideas how to.

Advertisement
  2. fdnj48

fdnj48 Well-Known Member

aamd11, mahers and mdcowby like this.
  3. mdcowby

4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Can I ask what root method you used to originally root? I used Dan Rosenberg's MotoFail method. I've heard DoomLord's method works to unroot it, but he also has a disclaimer that if you didn't use his root method, you shouldn't use his unroot method. Many claim it works anyway. I need to send my phone back for a replacement and don't want it messed up. I guess I could be safe and use this utility just to be safe.

Edit: I took a shot at DoomLord's method and it worked fine. The utility mentioned above is huge and takes forever to download, so I went with the quick and dirty method and had no issues.
  5. fdnj48

fdnj48 Well-Known Member

My Razr was rooted already when I got it so I don't know what method was used. I saw the above utility and went with that to unroot and it worked great. Yes it is a little large but it only took me about 10 minutes to download and install. I used it to unroot and then removed it from my computer so the size didn't mean anything to me. I have no intention on rooting my Maxx so I didn't need to keep it installed.
    mahers likes this.
  6. mdcowby

As for Rooting I think I did the motofail or something worked great, I was able to un-root using the RSDlite all is fine now got the update and re-rooted again guess I will un-root again when ICS comes out but reading all about it seems some people don't really see the reason to, but I don't know, I just don't like all that Verizon crap and of course having that smart actions come up all the time drives me nuts.. Thanks for everyone's help in this matter.