• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I rooted with unrevoked3. Ni how can i flash roms????

I just tried this and it works. SWEET. 4g works too without installing any additional radios or whatever. Steps I did was Unrevoked3.1 -> Titanium Backup -> Backup up all my apps and data -> Downloaded latest Baked Snack Rom zip and placed on SD card in the main directory -> Installed ROM Manager and chose to "Flash ROM from SD Card," chose the bakedsnack.zip file and it took it from there. Then after flashing I had to go through the account setup to put in my gmail account so I could have access to the Android Market. I downloaded Titanium Backup again and restored apps and data. It was far less painless than I had anticipated.

I could have downloaded and installed a ROM from within the ROM Manager app, without needing a pc, but it was taking too long to download the Fresh 1.0.1 ROM so I just went to my desktop and downloaded Baked Snack.

Upvote 0
I just tried this and it works. SWEET. 4g works too without installing any additional radios or whatever. Steps I did was Unrevoked3.1 -> Titanium Backup -> Backup up all my apps and data -> Downloaded latest Baked Snack Rom zip and placed on SD card in the main directory -> Installed ROM Manager and chose to "Flash ROM from SD Card," chose the bakedsnack.zip file and it took it from there. Then after flashing I had to go through the account setup to put in my gmail account so I could have access to the Android Market. I downloaded Titanium Backup again and restored apps and data. It was far less painless than I had anticipated.

I could have downloaded and installed a ROM from within the ROM Manager app, without needing a pc, but it was taking too long to download the Fresh 1.0.1 ROM so I just went to my desktop and downloaded Baked Snack.

I'm talking about the Titanium restore end on another thread, but how many apps do you have and how long did it take for Titanium to restore them? After about 3hrs using Titanium, I gave up and restored apps using appbrain.

Upvote 0
I'm talking about the Titanium restore end on another thread, but how many apps do you have and how long did it take for Titanium to restore them? After about 3hrs using Titanium, I gave up and restored apps using appbrain.

Yeah appbrain says I have 67 apps, for me it went through and installed them 1 by 1 so I had to say "accept" quite a few times. I'd say it took about 20-30 minutes max. I couldn't figure out how to reinstall apps from appbrain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones