i saw it, it touched it, it is awesome

Last Updated:

1. TRSN

TRSN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

While my local Sprint store would not show off the Epic before tomorrow morning, I was in a reseller store this afternoon (one of the resellers that was taking pre orders, name withheld intentionally) and they were happy to show me the Epic. It was better than I thought. I just returned my Captivate this morning after a 30 day test drive, and stopped by this store to see if they had a display model. He didn't, but took out a new one to show me. WOW!

The phone is incredibly light, but solid. And the QWERTY slider appear very solid. The buttons felt great as well.

Tomorrow's the day. All those who have been waiting patiently, get ready. The Epic looks awesome.

BTW, for those who did not reserve an Epic, not to worry. This store had way more Epics than were reserved.

Advertisement
  2. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

nice im waiting for tomorrow my sprint store opens at 10 though so that kinda sucks but im first on the list...im guessing you only got to play with it turned off?

3. TRSN

TRSN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes, it was off. he said if he turned it on, it would try to initialize, which he didn't want to do. Since I had the Captivate for a month, i know how good the display looks. I was more interested in the physical aspects of the Epic.

My fingers are crossed that the GPS works properly. Both Sprint and this store said the GPS for the Epic is not a problem. We shall see.

4. Xenx

Xenx Member

I can't help but think..

Yes, yes I saw the Terrance and Phillip movie now who wants to touch me?

I'm totally impatiently waiting for the phone..

5. aaz110

aaz110 Well-Known Member

I actually was lucky enough to play with it earlier today (still on the 30th) at Sam's club. At first I was playing around with the dummy phone, talking to the cell rep who worked there about how cool the phone seemed. He asked if I wanted to play with the real one...then proceeded to open up one of the boxes in the locked shelf underneath the display and handed me the phone. Apparently he couldn't resist seeing it for himself earlier in the day, so he had already opened it...he just asked that I keep the film that comes on the screen on, because apparently that phone was a preorder that someone would be picking up the next day. It's pretty sweet...but of course I guess it's a moot point now anyway, as I bet the lot of you will have the actual phone by the time you read this.

6. adelmundo

adelmundo Well-Known Member

I went to my local Radio Shack to inquire how many they had and if there would be any available for walk-ins (I already have one on pre-order with a Sprint store more than an hour away so I would try my luck in the morning to get one at a closer location + cost (using RS coupon + lower sales taxes and no mail in rebate). He said there were 3 so I should go in there early and he asked if I wanted to see one that was already out of the box. I tried it out (turned off of course) and like the OP, it was really light compared to an EVO they had on display, the slider was really nice, and most importantly, the keyboard was perfect for my hands and fingers. I had no trouble typing with both hand and they keys were spaced nicely and I was able to practice typing on it. Samsung has scored a homerun with the keyboard alone. I don't know why all these people who love virtual keyboards have something against a real hardware keyboard. Maybe they're just jealous that we have 3 options instead of 2 to type things out (virtual, swipe, and hardware KB). j/s