I scratched the ring around my cameraGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Gorilla*

Gorilla* Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got a tiny nick on the ring surrounding my incredible camera.. I dont know how, I have the silicone black case on it from verizon that rests just above the camera...

Really pissing me off.. How could this happen if the case is 1 mm higher than the camera ring/lens?

I have nothing in my pockets besides the INc

Advertisement
  2. Point08

Point08 Member

Some Possibilities:

1. The silicone case compresses when you set it down allowing something to hit the ring.

2. You set it down on something that pokes up into the hole cut out for the camera.

3. It got nicked and you never noticed some other time when you DID have something else in your pocket.

3. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

dont' worry about a nick. You will drop the phone eventually, or scratch the phone eventually. I used to be so OCD over new phones, and so nervous when holding the phone outside that it would actually make it worse and i would have butter-fingers and actually CAUSE the phone to fall. It's better to just realize it's a phone, and it's meant to take a beating (well the shell, not the screen) and i know you're going to stare at the nick and think about returning it for a replacement, but the next one you get will eventually get nicked anyway.

4. dogshmog

dogshmog Member

The red ring is just a cheap sticker anyways. Today I looked at it and noticed the lense cover (clear part) was sucken in on one edge. I took a spare micro sd card and pryed the ring off. It was just taped to the the actual camera lense, this kind of pisses me off, as there is not enough padding under that ring so the lense cover can just press in and fall out. Piece of junk in my opinion. So far... this is the only really annoying thing to me, as I treat my phone exceptionally well, and it shouldn't be falling apart like this.