• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I screwed up

georich

Jul 11, 2011
I just attempted to odin back to stock ECO5 using an "updated" version of the method I used to do my wife's phone (which worked like a charm) and for some reason the process stopped in the middle. The video said "if it takes more than 10 minutes there's definitely a problem" and to start over. I tried just closing odin, opening again and starting over with no luck so I disconnected my phone (Epic 4G rooted stock ROM) from the usb cable, and plugged back in and tried to start the process again. Nothing. I then (and this is where I obviously screwed up) despite the warning, I turned the phone off while in download mode. Now I can't get the device to turn back on, boot into download mode....NOTHING! Could someone PLEASE tell me if/how I can turn this damn thing back on? If I broke it and have to go back to the Blackberry that I saved as a backup (can't afford to just buy another Epic) I just might cry / have a stroke.

Can you boot into recovery mode? (press vol down, camera, and power simultaneously)

If not, I'm worried for ya.

I could do nothing until I found a tip at XDA on how to get it into download mode but I couldn't get the unroot process to work. I think it was beyond the proverbial "brink". So, I got a refurbished phone under my protection plan thing. Updated to Gingerbread, rooted and am shopping around for ROMs at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones