I searched first I promise...LOL

Last Updated:

1. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got a question on Notifiers, with my old Blackberry I could use any sound for email or texts or whatever. So where does it store the notifier sounds and can I add more to the folder so I have more options? Or is the ones I got factory it???

Thank you and sorry I got so many questions...

Advertisement
  2. socodef

socodef Well-Known Member

You can change notifications for anything that comes up in the bar. For example, if you want to change the notification sound for messages. Go to Messages->hit Menu->scroll down to notifications and sound is underneath it. And go from there.

3. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

but im talking custom sounds like Roadrunner,firetrucks,thunder,harleys,that type things.

4. ronj

ronj Member

Someone may want to confirm:

Mount your SD card and create a Folder named "Music". Inside that folder you name a folder called allerts or notifications (i forget which one). Then upload your mp3s there.

Once again, I'm not a 100% sure about it.

5. socodef

Yes, that's how you do it.

On your SD Card, you go to audio, and create a folder named "notifications" and then you can put whatever ringer you want in there. Hope that helps

6. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Apparently you can't select a unique notification sound for Voice mail, at least I can't find a way.

7. socodef

Since you can change basically everything else, voicemail is included in the default notifications in settings->sound and display. Might match a few obscure ones, but you can atleast change it there.

8. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Yeah, not a big deal, but I can't seem to change the notification sound so the voicemail sound is different than the email received notification sound on the stock email app.

9. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion, because you don't really need the entire MP3 file and some songs you might want another part than the beginning. I was taken aback too when I first started playing around with my phone and couldn't use the mp3's straight up for ringtones and such. But after a quick search within 2 minutes I was up and running.

So I might suggest D/L the app "RingDroid", it allows a great amount of flexibility and will store the sound bite for which ever notification, alarm or ringtone that you need. Check it out, I think it'll do what you want, maybe not HOW you want, but it works nice.

:cool:
    :)

10. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

Try Rings Extended in the market it allows you to choose your ringtones from any folder in your phone or sd card.