• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i searched... pc connection probs.

pqrs

Sep 26, 2010
so i got a captivate on friday and ive been messing with it all weekend, i like it! but i can not get it to connect to my pc? i searched this site for hours and tried countless things but nothing worked?
im running 7 ultimate 64..
ive tried plugging into the front and back usb ports, installed the drivers for 64 bit, over and over...
when im plugged into the back usb it doesnt even show up in my computer, but i can see it in the device manager as a usb device, with an error. when plugged into the front it shows up as a removable disc, or 2.. but its lags really bad and freezes up if i try to open it, i/o error.
but it has worked twice?
kies has been a disaster! its never worked and usually crashes? never has it seen my phone, ive tried every setting the phone offers.
even formatted both sd cards..

anything im missing? sure would be nice to have this simple thing work... never had this problem?

i wish it was that easy... ive rebooted the phone multiple times, even formatted the drives!!:D
still no luck getting my computer to see it, im about to give up?
how can i be the only person is what bothers me? im no dummy, ive done everything anyone else tried with no luck?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones