I set a default contact number... how do I undo?

Last Updated:

1. pkulak

pkulak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I selected "remember this" when I was sending a text to a contact, because it was the mobile number. Turns out, that set the number as "default" for the contact and now I no longer get to choose which number to use when calling. How can I got back to not having a "default" number?

Advertisement
  2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

It isn't the most intuitive, but you can delete the number that you made default for the contact and then add it back. After you do that it will ask you which number to use again.

Also if you just want to change the default number you can long press on the new one and choose "make default."

AdamPS likes this.
  3. pkulak

pkulak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh yeah! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!

4. jcbdoobie

jcbdoobie New Member

The original question still hasn't been answered. If this is a feature request than I hope that someone that knows how to submit Android features reads this.

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Agreed, it needs to be made stupidly simple to change this.

This and other issues like this - http://androidforums.com/samsung-mo...t-ring-when-i-unplug-charger.html#post1591257 - make it clear Android still has a ways to go to make things as simple as the iOS.

There needs to be an Android department of "how to make things stupidly simple and easy for users" to streamline some of the features so they're idiot proof.

6. deslavender

deslavender New Member

I agree wholeheartedly!!